Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these two old boxes (4 packs) of Zino Mouton Cadets at a local B&M a few weeks ago. They look to be Robusto in size. I picked up the boxes for 27.99 each mostly because they looked like they had good age on them and secondly, I'm a fan of Davidoff products.

These sticks didn't look like they needed any more age on them, but I let them rest in my humi at 65% for a few weeks. Following is my photo review.

First the Pre-light, pre-cut photos...
you can see the cello has yellowed a good bit.. there looks to be plume all over this stick as well... much of this wasnt' very visible to the naked eye.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Zino - Mouton Cadet

The pre-light draw was light and easy. After toasting the foot, the first few draws presented a light nutty green banana flavor. A few draws later presented a smoky and buttery flavor, a slight pepper finish. The body is light to medium.

Pretty early, the stick showed signs of uneven burn. The stick for the last few weeks were kept away from the viper beads in the humidor. I was hoping the burn would correct itself.

The Cadet continued it's mild and mellow body through the first third of the burn. The flavor picked up a little pepper with a sweet creamy finish.

The ash started firm, white and light gray.

After dropping the ash after the first inch, inch and half, the burn continued uneven. I tried to correct the slow burning side with a torch lighter. This worked for a little more of the burn.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Zino - Mouton Cadet

The draw continued easy without too much air pulling through each draw. The flavor picked up more pepper half way through with a continued creamy finish. A few draws presented a sweet pepper with a pepper finish.

At 1/2 to 2/3, I noticed an slight earthy/peppery musty flavor on the back of the throat, so I thought I would try snorking at this point. This ended up as a pepper attack on the olfactory nerves..It hit pretty hard. It finished with almost a candy cane scent.

The stick started to taste creamy with a pepper finish. With about third left, the burn was uneven, loose and flaky on the quick burning side and tight on the slow burning side.

I was a little unhappy with the burn because I did not want to put the stick down. It picked up a toasty almond flavor with a mild pepper finish. The last few creamy draws left me salivating when I put the stick to rest in the following condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.