Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tecnorobo sent this PM to me this morning and I figured instead of PMing him advice, why not just start a thread so he can get everyones input!

"have any good smokes lately? maybe you could tell me about them or your favorite line.
thanks, blake"

My favorite cigar lines are
CAO Criollo - never lets me down (I'll send you 2 for you and Elisha)

ERDM - I haven't tried a lot of their different cigars, but the tissue paper wrapped robustos are excellent and will be my first box purchase once I have some extra cash. I wish my local shops carried more of their product, I'd like to try the rectangulares and the pyramid.

Camacho Corojo - Good taste and a great price. I seem to like all of the Camacho stuff, the SLR's are also a great line.

Padron - Anything, I've only had one 2000/3000 and one anny and I wish I had the money to buy more.

All of the cigars I listed have great flavor and an awesome price. They are all very consistent. I've also been smoking a lot of Punch products lately.

My experience with ISOM's is very limited to some RyJ's which I didn't enjoy very much. I have a few ISOM's that Klugs sent me, but have not had the time to properly enjoy them. I'm pretty sure I will like them alot based on my current cigar tastes. The Bolivar Belicoso Fino looks great.

So let's give tecnorobo some good cigar suggestions!!

-Joe

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
You ask ten guys and you will get ten opinions... I do like some of yours however

For across the board... all types... all sizes... all blends... Padrons are always consistantly excellent.

I like all of the CAO Brazilias and I have never been dissapointed with any of Olivas offerings especially the "O"s. While I have not tried all of the blends, all the Gurhkas that I have had are very well constructed, draw perfectly and have been excellent smokes.

Depending on your budget the best value between price and quality would be the Flor de Olivas from this list.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have always been a fan of Macanudo cigars. Especially the Gold Label. They are pretty mild but full of sweet tobacco flavor that doesn't leave bitterness in your mouth after you blow the smoke out. The Macanudo Maduros have a great flavor that has an earthy smell and a bit more medium bodied smoke. Punch are also a personal favorite, another mild to medium bodied cigar that has a bit more body than Macanudo Cafe ( Macanudos Flagship Cigar, which is also good ) and comes in several different sizes that you can't find in Macanudos. I just had my first CAO Criollo this weekend and it didn't dissappoint, come to think of it, I have never had a CAO that disappointed. It was a solid medium bodied cigar that again left no trace of bitterness until I got down near the end. It had a fairly strong smell unlit, this is because of the 4 year old wrapper that from what I hear is extremely hard to produce. These also come in a small pantela size that can be smoked for a quickie like during a lunch break or something. Dominican Romeo y Julieta Rothschild en tubos are one of the fist cigars I ever smoked and are mostly responsible for getting me hooked. They are a medium cigar that is a bit stronger smoke, not quite as sweet as the ones mentioned before but it is not bitter. IT has a smoke that is quite unique. It's hard to explain what the smell is like when it is lit but it sort of slightly burns my nostrils when I inhale. This is just an example, it's not exactly like this but the closest analogy I could come up with is sort of like blended whiskey, it's sweet and burns at the same time.

Also check out, a La Unica Cameroon Series Torpedo for a milder smoke, La Flor Domincana Double Ligero Chisel for a much more medium-full bodied smoke, Partagas Black Label Maximo for a VERY full bodied smoke.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Like it has allready been said. You will get ten different answers from everyone. However, there are some cigars that people have a fondness across the board. Some of those are ERDM, Padron, and C.A.O..

BTW, the C.A.O. Criollo is one fine cigar. :)

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
It seems most people like the Padrons and CAO cigars they are easy to get from any cigar supplier.

I like the Montecristo line and the Ramon Allones line(cuban brands),I have never had a bad one of these yet.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
One that hasn't been mentioned that I love is Partagas. The Black Label (Magnificos especially), the Spanish Rosados (Ramon y Ramon), and the Cifuentes seasonal (Noviembre) are all nice smokes, and the Black Labels are relatively inexpensive too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i'll agree with the cao line. ive tried the brazilia's italia's and the cameroons and each one burned perfectly and had perfect construction, and the taste is phenominal. other line's i like is mac's gold label for a mild cigar and oliva's o line. the partaga's spanish rosado is a very good cigar too

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
The Prince said:
The Cuesta-Rey Cento-Fino line Is superb. Very mild and creamy.
Hell Yeah!
I like anything from Padron and Fuente as for my NC i would have to go with Partagas 98% of the time u cant go wrong with a pardy short or PSD4...

·
Over Enthused Little Girl
1,404 Posts
haha how rad.
my very own thread to read up on things.

I guess i might as well post my fav. line and things while I'm in here.

Thus far I've really enjoyed products off of the arturo fuente line and look forward to trying different products on that line all the time. Eventually i hope to try some of the higher quality AF products like the hemingway, opus, and anejo line.

Every cigar i've had off the C.A.O line has be good. A consistent brand I'd say.

otherwise my leap into the cigar "pool" has been rather "shallow" and i've only really dabbled a little bit, not enough to figure out if i really enjoy all the other lines. I will say the one padron i had was fantastic, looking forward to trying more of their products. So much to learn... and so much to try.

Glad i've got a place like this to try and figure some things out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
anything from the Padron, CAO and Partagas lines are 90% reliable and easy to get. Punch's are easy to find, but not everyone likes them (70%??)

Harder to get but still good lines...Cuesta Rey (85%), HdM (85%)

the percentages indicate how often you'll get a top smoke from that line (everyone gets a bad one once in a while)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.