Cigar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LLGs,

I'm doing a little un-scientific research.

What are the tell tale signs that let you know you've been working too much.

For example, I know I've been working too much when my house key doesn't work and after repeated attempts I realize I'm using my office key.

... rjs

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
it's against my religion to work too hard (or to buy retail)... but, if i have to get up before 10am i'd say i'm working too hard. ;)

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
This has happened to me on more than a few occaisions, I drive towards work on my day off! Once I actually showed up on the first day of my vacation. Made it back home and crawled back in bed w/o getting caught by the wife and kids. Told 'em later while at the coast relaxing. rns

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know I've been working too hard when:

I start to key the building security code on the microwave oven at home.

I answer my home phone with the usual office greeting.

I can't find my glasses, and go searching for them before I remember that I don't wear glasses.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great anecdotes guys!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that kind of stuff.

Thanks, I hope we get a few more.

... rjs

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I am about to enter the hall of shame, but I know that I am working too hard when I have the following dream...

I dream that I am getting out of bed, walking over to the bathroom, flicking on the light, lifting the lid and then feeling all warm and fuzzy!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would go with the previously mentioned, answer the home phone with the work greeting. Also, waking up for work at 7 am on saturday and thinking I'm really late for work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I answer my home phone with the usual office greeting.
and dailing a 9 to obtain an outside line...
Wow..

·
Registered
831 Posts
You show up for your plane 24 hours late!

or you write your check for the rent, seal up the envelope and send it while leaving the check IN the checkbook! :D :al

·
Registered
206 Posts
When you are half way to work and can't recognize the radio show you are listening to.When you realize it's Saturday.:cool:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When you forget what day it is.

When you're traveling and forget what city you're in!!!

... rjs

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
wow - I thought I was the only one who dialed a 9 first from my home phone.........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts