Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been said that confession is good for the soul, so I thought I'd start a thread for just that. What is your lowest moment on the slippery slope?

For me, it happened when after enjoying a Lusi down to the nub and flicking the charred remains on the grass...I went back, grabbed that nub and got a few more puffs out of it! I knew then that I was well on my way down the slippery slope!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
:r

Not done anything like that........yet :D

Me I just can't stop buying friggin cigars. I need an intervention, or a donation. Anybody care to donate some money so I can keep sliding down :w :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
.... you pass up the machine mades and domestics, and start reaching for the hand mades when you want something to smoke while fishing, playing golf, or doing a brake job on the car. ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Lamar said:
...I went back, grabbed that nub and got a few more puffs out of it! I knew then that I was well on my way down the slippery slope!
Lamar, I have good news, and I have bad news.

The good news is you are no longer sliding down the slippery slope.

The bad news is you've hit bottom and have started to dig.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I too would say when you can't stop buying!!! It just keeps getting worse and worse, and never ends. I'm sure most here buy at the max and some far beyond their means. I just did it again right before this post. I bought a box of cigars that almost totals the cigars I already bought for the month (which was way to much to begin with). It was an impulsive buy that I should cancel, but that's even harder. I need help in a bad way. I do like the donation idea, but it is rather pointless to ask anyone around here :D We're pretty much all in the same boat. We're all phuk'ed :fu

·
Registered
107 Posts
When you go out and start your car, not to get it warmed up, but to get it cooled down, so when you get in with your cigars, they can stay at a consistant temp. Don't want those babies to get heat stroke. :D

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Cigar Chic said:
When you go out and start your car, not to get it warmed up, but to get it cooled down, so when you get in with your cigars, they can stay at a consistant temp. Don't want those babies to get heat stroke. :D
Who would do a crazy thing like that :D

Or you finish your friends stogie for him because he has been knocked on his can.....AGAIN :D ....hmmm IHT

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
One box in the last 10-11 months. Anyone want tips on how to stop buying, I'm becoming an expert. ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Matt R said:
One box in the last 10-11 months. Anyone want tips on how to stop buying, I'm becoming an expert. ;)
I have to guess Matt's answer on this matter would be a payment of aged havanas.... Matt is the professor :D :D Bman

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
coppertop said:
:r

Me I just can't stop buying friggin cigars. I need an intervention, or a donation. Anybody care to donate some money so I can keep sliding down :w :D
I'm with coppertop. I told myself I needed to slow down, so what do I do? I got this sampler in the other day & they had subbed the Torano 1916, which was the reason I had bought the sampler in the 1st place.
I got on the phone this morning early & ordered a box of Torano 1916's! HELP! :fu

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
kansashat said:
I'm with coppertop. I told myself I needed to slow down, so what do I do? I got this sampler in the other day & they had subbed the Torano 1916, which was the reason I had bought the sampler in the 1st place.
I got on the phone this morning early & ordered a box of Torano 1916's! HELP! :fu
Well that makes two people from Kansas who can't stop buying cigars.

Hey Matt....care to share your 10 step program with a couple of fellow Apes????HELP Please :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
...When I Just got 10 ea. MC #4's and #2's(ISOM). No sooner than putting them down for a nap I order a 9 pack of robusto's. I am waiting for those to arrive so I ordered a box Punch Gran Puro's (because I ran out of a good any day smoke). Than a friend sends me a good site (thanks Fred) So now I am eyeing either some Partagas 898's or Boli PC's( also ISOMs). Wifey is gonna kill me if I make another purchase...Someone throw me a rope I am slipping faaaast. :z

Now tell me: Do we have a smoke or does the Smokes Have us??

T

1 - 18 of 18 Posts