Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He calls and has to have a couple of Cubans to impress his boss.

He calls ahead and offers a trade of some really nice cigars. When he arrives he offers some Strawberry Blunts for Cohiba Sublimes.

His computer crashes every time he tries to order Cubans online.

Times are hard and he wants a cigar to cheer him up.

Times are good and he wants a cigar to celebrate.

You come to your humidor and you notice that every box has been examined.

He drops by to visit and shows up with an empty travel humidor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
I see a couple familiar ones there Lamar. How about when he says "put me together a little sampler pack, I'll pay you later." :BS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
The mooch/theif/dick that used to come around on Saturdays is no longer welcome at my house & havent seen him for quite some time.

He wouldnt give a hello, hi, how ya doin, or nothing.
First words out of his mouth were usually always "What you got for me to smoke?" (no joke)

Cigars came up missing out of my humidor during SoCal IV, and he was seen briskly exiting the living room. Didnt want to believe it at first, but now were pretty sure it was him.

Those who frequent my patio on Saturday nights know who Im referring to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
poker said:
The mooch/theif/dick that used to come around on Saturdays is no longer welcome at my house & havent seen him for quite some time.

He wouldnt give a hello, hi, how ya doin, or nothing.
First words out of his mouth were usually always "What you got for me to smoke?" (no joke)

Cigars came up missing out of my humidor during SoCal IV, and he was seen briskly exiting the living room. Didnt want to believe it at first, but now were pretty sure it was him.

Those who frequent my patio on Saturday nights know who Im referring to.
I think he would be the start of a nice veggie garden in my back yard :D :gn :bx

Normally I don't mind handing out sticks, because it is usually IHT I'm giving one to. Although lately he has been handing them out to me. I do have a buddy who comes over every now and again and askes to try a cuban. I always say NO, not because of the way he asks or the fact that he asks. Simply the fact that he wants to smoke one just to smoke one. Homie don't play that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
I haven't run into this problem yet. I do like coppertops approach...if they ask and ask they aren't getting jack! Most of my smoking buddies are good friends and I don't mind sharing sticks with them. But for a houseguest to ask about cubans or even steal them from the humidor :gn ...they better have a look at my sig line....not in my house!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Those who don't hang out on your patio on Saturday evenings know who you're talking about, poker. :r

Now, I'm a little rusty, bu I think I could top just about any of those statements, if given the chance. :w
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Not many of my friends smoke cigars, so I don't really have a mooch problem. I don't have the vast inventory of smokes that most of you have but when someone has to ask me for a smoke I only give them my everyday gars. But if I gift a smoke it's usually pretty nice.

Plus I would pitty the fool if I caught them snooping around my humi without me being there unless I give permission or it's one of my smoking buds.
 

·
X Canadian
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
I know a guy that smokes cigars so when I bought a box of Short Storys, I gave him one "kinda short, I like bigger smokes" he says. Then I get a box of another smoke I like and share it with him, he smokes 2 and asks if he can take a couple more home, I let him. Recently I gave him a sampler of 3 ISOMs, he took em said thanks and I never heard another peep.

I was hoping that he'd be able to pry a smoke or two from his box and do a little sharing.

:tpd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
(909) said:
I know a guy that smokes cigars so when I bought a box of Short Storys, I gave him one "kinda short, I like bigger smokes" he says. Then I get a box of another smoke I like and share it with him, he smokes 2 and asks if he can take a couple more home, I let him. Recently I gave him a sampler of 3 ISOMs, he took em said thanks and I never heard another peep.

I was hoping that he'd be able to pry a smoke or two from his box and do a little sharing.

:tpd:
Looks like he took you for some sticks. Dirty, rotten bassturd. Sorry 909. Thats why, besides IHT, I don't handout good cigars. I have some Quinteros that I give away to one friend of mine. He loves them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,743 Posts
Coppertop and IHT I envy you guys. I only have one friend that likes the occasional cigar, I have tried giving him nice sticks to spark up his interest but the bug has not bit him yet. It should be nice to have a friend that shares the same passion for the love of the leaf.










Oh well more stick for me!!! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Ouch that hurts.

Fortunately for me I don't have any mooch friends. In fact all my local smoking buddies have never asked for an ISOM but have been SUPER gracious when given one. I think I even got a few of 'em hooked. Looks like they'll be comin' over to see my cabinet humi when its done:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Guess I'm the lucky one...I don't have any friends that smoke cigars, they either don't smoke or they smoke cig's. My boss at work smokes cigars and the plant manager so when I get a couple I give them one, but both of them have come to work looking for me just to give me a couple of smokes...that's how I got to try my first Diablo :w
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Used to visit The Havana Club, a private, upscale cigar bar/night club in Baltimore. They had humidified lockers available to members where I always kept a coupla' boxs of cigars. About half the regulars there knew that I always kept had a few Havanas there along with many domestics. It never failed, time & time again I get hit on for a Cuban smoke. No one would offer me a smoke, or even to pay for a drink for my generosity. Heck, sometimes, I'd give a away a cigar and later find it discarded in an ashtrya and only partially smoked. I was glad when I finally stopped going there. Later found a much better group of BOTLs to hang out with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Man, I've got a couple of friends that I've tried to give some Cubans to. The problem is they've smoked everything from the ISOM mid 90's on, and I can't surprise them. Then they turn around and gift me with sticks that are the stuff dreams are made of. Does that make ME a mooch? :w
 

·
Chimpus herfustus
Joined
·
745 Posts
poker said:
The mooch/theif/dick that used to come around on Saturdays is no longer welcome at my house & havent seen him for quite some time.

He wouldnt give a hello, hi, how ya doin, or nothing.
First words out of his mouth were usually always "What you got for me to smoke?" (no joke)

Cigars came up missing out of my humidor during SoCal IV, and he was seen briskly exiting the living room. Didnt want to believe it at first, but now were pretty sure it was him.

Those who frequent my patio on Saturday nights know who Im referring to.
It wasn't me, I swear! Although I did have to get a bigger humidor when I left your pad, Poker.

SB
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Heartpumper said:
Man, I've got a couple of friends that I've tried to give some Cubans to. The problem is they've smoked everything from the ISOM mid 90's on, and I can't surprise them. Then they turn around and gift me with sticks that are the stuff dreams are made of. Does that make ME a mooch? :w
Naw!!
Problem with mooches is that very selfish. Have no idea how to be generous.
 

·
Funky Monkey
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
I dont really have that problem since my friends dont smoke cigars, ive given away some also trying to get some of them into the hobby but havent been succesfull, But what always happens its they first complain cause i lit a stogie, but no less than a minute away they always ask me to try it., Oh and i just remembered my brother (he's 17), has been snooping around my Humi, and have smoked a few, I dont say anything hoping he will return the favor and buy some for me when he gets the legal Age :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top