Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am, a longtime member of this board, but a very poor poster, and yet, whenever I do post, I always get lots of helpful replies, so here goes.....

I love my robusto, Corona and PC, but sometimes you are just loving a cigar so much that you want it to go on and on.

So, I am looking for advice and tips. Can anyone recommend the next step up from a Corona? What should I be buying?

Not wanting to make anyone feel jealous, but have you seen the £:US$ exchange rate recently? Worst it has been for 10 years, but all my favourite cigar retailers quote in US$ so I am not unhappy!

Thanks for any guidance!

Rodster

·
-
11,412 Posts
wanker!!
:c

wish i was experienced enough to give you a good recommendation.

in terms of "stepping up", what direction are you talking about? length, ring gauge? overall size?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IHT,

I hope you are a genuine Aussie, as I think only the Aussie's could get away with calling someone a wanker (its a Brit v Aussie thing to all your Americans reading this). Good victory last week against NZ.

I guess I am looking for something longer than a Corona and with the same or wider girth.

Rodster

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Maybe something like a lonsdale? it has a ring gauge between the corona and the robusto but has a lenght aprox. of 7". The lonsdale is like my favorite size since i can make it last for a long time, or i can just end it sooner if im on the mood for a short cigar, instead of finishing wanting a longer cigar. Anyways, i am still new on this but this are my .02cents :D

·
-
11,412 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WillyGT said:
Maybe something like a lonsdale? it has a ring gauge between the corona and the robusto but has a lenght aprox. of 7". The lonsdale is like my favorite size since i can make it last for a long time, or i can just end it sooner if im on the mood for a short cigar, instead of finishing wanting a longer cigar. Anyways, i am still new on this but this are my .02cents :D
OK, whick Lonsdales should I be looking at?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The Rodster said:
OK, whick Lonsdales should I be looking at?
Monte #1's are very nice. Robusto is a good size to check out also. Lots of good ones. I'm partial to Bolivar R.C's, but I like the Juan Lopez, Hoyo Epi #2's, and D4's with a little Age.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know if Bruce5's comment was tongue in cheek, but jumping all the way up to DCs isn't a bad idea, considering they usually have a mellow and smooth blend that doesn't tire one out (e.g. HdM, Punch and SLR DCs for starters).

Corona Gordas might be good to try...I like the Epicure 1 in particular. The Quai d' Orsay Imperiales (Churchill) is also a good intro to the larger sizes.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lots of good suggestions here. If you are trying to keep the price down and want a med. strength full flavored, spicy type. I'd go with the HDM Excalibur 1066 King Arthur. I got a box of 20 for like $65 from Famous.

Happy smoking

T

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
I would go with a corona gorda - H Upmann mag 46, Punch Punch to name a couple. Or you could go with a Churchill - H Upmann Sir Winston is a good one to try. I don't have much experience with these larger vitolas, the above recommendations are based on other polls and BOTL on this board.

Check here for sizes and cigars in each size: http://www.habanos.com/vitolario.asp

Good luck and let us know what you find.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Some of the Cervantes (Lonsdales) that come to mind are, MC1 (Med+), SLR Lonsdale (Mild-med the ones I smoked), Boli Immensa (thanks to Fredster for turning me onto those) (Med-strong), Cohiba Siglo III (med-strong), Partagas (let's see, there's 8-9-8 varnished & unvarnished, Lonsdale Cabinet :rolleyes: Mmm , and Privada 1, all of which can be Med-V. Full), Le Hoyo De Deiux, PL Lonsdale (Mild-Med), Sancho Panza Molino (Mild), Rafael Gonzales Lonsdale, RAmon Allones 8-9-8, RyJ Cedro 1 (Med to me) and Cazadore (Mmm, Full), Vegas Robaina Clasicos (Med+).

Anyhoo, my fave's are in red. ;) Those are a few of my favoorite things!! :D

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
MoTheMan said:
Some of the Cervantes (Lonsdales) that come to mind are, MC1 (Med+), SLR Lonsdale (Mild-med the ones I smoked), Boli Immensa (thanks to Fredster for turning me onto those) (Med-strong), Cohiba Siglo III (med-strong), Partagas (let's see, there's 8-9-8 varnished & unvarnished, Lonsdale Cabinet :rolleyes: Mmm , and Privada 1, all of which can be Med-V. Full), Le Hoyo De Deiux, PL Lonsdale (Mild-Med), Sancho Panza Molino (Mild), Rafael Gonzales Lonsdale, RAmon Allones 8-9-8, RyJ Cedro 1 (Med to me) and Cazadore (Mmm, Full), Vegas Robaina Clasicos (Med+).

Anyhoo, my fave's are in red. ;) Those are a few of my favoorite things!! :D
Too many cigars, too little time (and money). Man I haven't had a Monte #1 in a while. I used to buy these all the time. I recently got some Sig 111's from heartpumper, and they surprised me at how full they were. Very spicy also.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Punch SS#1, Punch Punch, Siglo IV, RS#12 in Corona Gordas might be worth a shot. There are a lot of good Churchills like the Sir Winston, the Romeo, and I really like the Punch Monarchas.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I agree with you Rodster, you do get tons of helpful information from the LLG's. Keep on posting my friend and before long you'll be one of the old salts too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts