Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up? My name is eef and I'm new here. I live in Oregon, I have recently started smoking cigars and have found myself intrigued by something I never realized could be so into. I'm just going to be hovering around here trying to learn the way of the gorilla and for reccomendations on cigars. As it is I haven't really even broken into smoking any hand made cigars- I'm pretty new at this.

If any one likes art/comics I draw comics, my site is www.eefdotcom.com
Also, if you like heavier rock music I'm in a band called Lunaractive. Check us out at www.lunaractive.com

Seems like a cool group of people here- I look forawrd to makin some friends.
-eef

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to the site and handmades are around in various price ranges and some are better than others but not dependant on price alone, it depends on individual taste and preference as well, there are some great mm out there too that impress as well.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Welcome to CS Eef. Glad to have you here.
Looks like you have all the makings of a BOTL.

As for suggestions, heck, waaaaayy too many to make for you. Figure you'll be reading about plenty in the weeks/months to come.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about this- I'm headed over to a high-brow golf course with lots of fancy stuff and I hear they have some good cigars there. How about just a few off the cuff suggestions? I'm going to buy somethng anyway, but if I have some suggestions on what to look for it would help and I wouldn't look so confused at the counter.
-eef

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wow Eef, your art is really good. I didn't get to look at all of it or read through the comics but with a quick glance I am impressed.

Watch out for the ashes while your inking.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I would guess, if they're appealing to a "general" palate (which would be different from, say, a private club that has members with particular palates), they would probably have some Excalibers, H. Upmann's, Romeo and Juliette, and Macanudo. They may have some Torano, CAO, or Perdomo brands as well.

Would recommend starting out with a larger ring gauge as they have more flavor & complexity than their smaller cousins. [Now when it comes to Cuban cigars, sometimes the opposite is true, the smaller ones can be packed with incredible flavor compared with their larger brethren.]

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Welcome, eef.

And you're right... there are alot of cool people here.

Scott"wantstobecooltoo"M

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Glad you joined CS. Stick around and you will learn all that you wanted to know about cigars as well as a lot of other interesting and hilarious thing that these guys do. :)

Jeff

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Welcome to CS eef. Nice to have you. I'll be sure to check out your sites.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys- I'll look for those cigars today on my quest.

My name is actually Ethan, but the nickname "eef" was given to me by one of my old drummers and it stuck so hard, more people call me eef than ethan anymore. I eneded up naming my weekly newspaper cartoon "eef" since it was kind of a far side-ish look into my warped mind.

Thanks for the reccomendations and the kind words, this is one of the most inviting forums I have ever joined!

edit- hey I just noticed "Da Klugs" posted my art- haha. Yeah that's me when I try to comprehend thsi vast world of cigars I am trying to step into.

-eef

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome eef. Cool site you have there, and great drawings.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
eef said:
Thanks guys- I'll look for those cigars today on my quest.

My name is actually Ethan, but the nickname "eef" was given to me by one of my old drummers and it stuck so hard, more people call me eef than ethan anymore. I eneded up naming my weekly newspaper cartoon "eef" since it was kind of a far side-ish look into my warped mind.

Thanks for the reccomendations and the kind words, this is one of the most inviting forums I have ever joined!

edit- hey I just noticed "Da Klugs" posted my art- haha. Yeah that's me when I try to comprehend thsi vast world of cigars I am trying to step into.

-eef
Saw your art work and listened to some songs on garagemusic. Your art work is amazing and I dig the tunes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.