Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Can walk again.
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking outside the jungle for some time now, thought I would step in and say hello.....Hello! I have only been enjoying the leaf for about 6 months now, but what a wonderful six months! Any suggestions on what novice beginner shouldn't go without?

NCRM :ms

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Welcome to CS

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to the Jungle. If your last 6 onths of smoking were good, the next will be beter just for finding this site. There is a lot of usefull iformation floating around. First I would start with reading IHT sig. line. Then useing the search button, there is a thread with the must try smokes and cheep smokes and all the right smokes out there for begginers. Then I would take what IHT said to heart, think about the biggest humidor you can afford and think you will ever need and then get one at least twices as big. Or build put together, get a coolerdor going. Trust me before you know it your humi will be filled then you will get a new on and so on. Just my rambling.

Welcome to the Jungle once again. Grab a branch and hang around for a while I am sure all your questions will be answered then some. :w :al

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
Welcome to CS! Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
:D Welcome Bro! :D Suggestions: Look both way before crossing the street, dont look directly into the sun, and use the search button ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome abaord NCRM! There are so many newbie threads asking what to try, a quick search will give you lots of ideas. If you tell what you like and dislike so far, that would help. Just a few of the most frequent recommendations are:

CAO
Carlos Torano
El Rey Del Mundo
La Gloria Cubana

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Welcome aboard, NCRadioMan!

Something a novice shouldn't go without...second the BIG humidor, (or big coolerdor). Emphasis on big. A couple of hours to go through the past threads. Search function. Maybe a thread on Cuban source requests...(that was sarcasm...don't even think about it).

Stuff I've liked so far, (as in I'll buy a box in a heartbeat when the funds are right):
Anything Padron
LGC Serie R #6 Maduro
CAO Brazilia
Partagas Cifuentes Octurbre
ERdM Robusto Larga
RyJ Numero Dos
Ramon Allones Brioso, (mild, CHEAP)
JdN Antano 1970 Robusto Grande
Had a surprisingly good Perdomo 2 torfecto maduro last night. Amazing what 2 months of humi time can do.

There's probably more.

Scott"smokinglampislitonthewelcomewaggon"M

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Welcome to CS, Also support the BIG Humi tip, and the use of the search button, it is going to save youtime and your gonna learn lots of stuff.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome Radioman, just a suggestion, go on line to JR's and order 5 packs of anything that looks good to you, Shape, Strength. Once you try a few samples, you'll find the one that will float your boat, or sink it in my case, Them ISOM's are killing my fishing habit :mad:
I like the HDM Excalibur No. 11 or 111, anything El rey Del Mundo, Flor De A Allones (one of my favorite smokes) Montecruz Negra Cubana Inmensa (chocolate flavors) and Punch Double Corona. Something stronger ? try Gran Habano # 5

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

·
Can walk again.
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just dropped by quickly while at the station, to say that I can't thank you G's enough for making feel welcome :u

I've already learned quite a bit, thanx again!

NCRM :ms

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.