Cigar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
I have been told that any authorized Xikar dealer will let you exchange one of their items if it is defective. I am having problems with one of their triple torch lighters. It always clogs and I cannot correct the problem. I have sent it back to Xikar 3 times and once to a store but that was at a cigar show where the Xikar reps looked at it first. I was just at a B &M that is a Xikar dealer discussing the matter and they told me to mail it back to the factory. Apparently they didn't get the memo... :yell:

I LOVE their cutters!!

I had a great experience a month or so ago when I returned 2 Xikar products with issues. I was treated with outstanding service. Fast foward two weeks later. I need a new guilli cutter. No question, it had to be a xikar. I picked up one of the ultra slims. Xikar= great business.

I think I paid a little more than 30 for mine at a local B&M in Chicago... i just looked at XIKARs website and they don't have the one I have anymore... its a 9mm screw out...

I havent cut a cigar since I learned to punch... well worth the $$

jeff :plane:

I think I paid a little more than 30 for mine at a local B&M in Chicago... i just looked at XIKARs website and they don't have the one I have anymore... its a 9mm screw out...

I havent cut a cigar since I learned to punch... well worth the $$

jeff :plane:
yeah i want this one:

Accessories

its $35 at my local B&M for the 007, so i think it'd be worth the $30 if i can grab a daily deal i like so i get free shipping.

I also have a 10% off thing cause i guess my first order i used a different email that i still use and i got a "next order w/ this email is 10% off" deal.. *shrug*

I have been told that any authorized Xikar dealer will let you exchange one of their items if it is defective. I am having problems with one of their triple torch lighters. It always clogs and I cannot correct the problem. I have sent it back to Xikar 3 times and once to a store but that was at a cigar show where the Xikar reps looked at it first. I was just at a B &M that is a Xikar dealer discussing the matter and they told me to mail it back to the factory. Apparently they didn't get the memo... :yell:

I LOVE their cutters!!
I`ve just had my trezo triple torch lighter replace and I've had no problems in doing so.
It was returned in four days.

Xikar also have a great service even here in Sweden.

Doug, which triple jet lighter are you having problem with?

Do yourself a favor and take a look at one of these. I have a 007 and 009 Xikar but neither of these are as sharp as this one from Wolf.
MAGnet-CUTter Wolf Solingen Cigar Cutter (Blue) - eBay (item 140442608600 end time Aug-14-11 07:33:41 PDT)

yeah i want this one:

Accessories

its $35 at my local B&M for the 007, so i think it'd be worth the $30 if i can grab a daily deal i like so i get free shipping.

I also have a 10% off thing cause i guess my first order i used a different email that i still use and i got a "next order w/ this email is 10% off" deal.. *shrug*

ive got a xikar nautalis lighter and i love the thing. i spend about half of my time at about 9,000 feet in a small mountian town in colorado so i usaly have some trouble making jet lighters work with the lower O2 but this thing will always light up. and in denver it works even better so thanks xikar! when i feel like spending the money i will definatly be buying one of your cutters

When Germany Solingen made the blades for Xi-kars they were the best cutters!
Sadly since the Xi-kar blades are now made in China!
The Palio beats the Xi-Kar by a country mile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did they change? I have a Xikar Ultra lighter/cutter combo, which I bought in June 2010. I can't find any info, either on the unit itself or on the packaging that it came in that says where it or its blade was made.

Anyway, the Ultra Slim cutter has been a great work-horse. I don't notice any difference in performance between it and my Palio.

I had an issue with a 25 ct. passive humidification system some time back. With one quick call to Xikar, there was a new one at my house, and everything is excellent.

Like someone up above wrote, customer service is so important, and I def. consider Xikar stuff first when looking at gear.

I LOVE their cutters!!
if they are an authorized dealer, they have to replace it for you on the spot. Email xikar and let them know of the vendor so they can correct this issue for future customers of the b&m.. I've talked to the Xikar reps and owners several times while at b&m's since they are a local company and always out and about!

Part of what makes Xikar amazing is that in order to carry and sell their products you must accept the defective products brought in/back by customers and replace them without hesitation. Otherwise Xikar will not allow you to distribute their merchandise.

XIKAR is the best. They stand by their products, donate to the troops, and are really down to earth fantastic people. I have been able to visit their offices twice here in KC and they gave me VIP treatment. I have also seen them at many events and they really do care. They are not just in it to make a buck. You wouldn't believe the amount of work they put into designing and bringing new products to us. And when an issue is found they work to find a solution and adjust manufacturing to avoid future problems. The really made a great impression on me and will always be my go to cutter, lighter, and accessory for my cigar smoking pleasure.

Well now this is interesting... I bought a Xikar 009 spring-loaded punch a couple of weeks ago... Really didn't work all that well, punch got stuck, wouldn't retract, if the cigar cap was any more than hair-thin (and a thin hair at that). I took it back to the B&M (an authorized dealer I presume, they carry a lot of Xikar products) and they certainly did not offer to replace it on the spot. In fact they told me to send it in to Xikar myself as I would get it back much faster than if they sent it. I did in fact send it in and haven't seen the replacement yet, but it's less than a week at this point.

So seeing this thread is interesting. I will have to mention this to them (at the B&M) next time I go in (which will be tomorrow). But I also wonder that in reading through this thread I haven't seen any replies from an actual Xikar rep... I thought that was the point of this particular forum? I'm asking, because I do have a question about that punch that would have to be answered by someone who knows their engineering QA.

I am a Xikar fan by the way, I own 3 of their lighters and like many of you I am willing to pay a premium for their products just because of the lifetime warranty!

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.