Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of the past threads about cutters and the varying degrees that people like this brand or that brand. I like to smoke larger ring guage cigars and my cheapy guillotine cutter is just too small, and dull, and basically worthless. I recently saw the Xikar Multi Tool (for $30 at Holts) and was wondering if that would be anywhere near the quality of Xikar's other cutters and if it would be better for larger ring guages. I've resorted to biting and bits of leaf get everywhere. Suggestions primates?:confused:

·
Registered
756 Posts
i have personally no really been very happy with anything xikar. tried a few of their tools, and always seem happier with my standard cutter. i still have one in my car for emergencies though ;)
jimmy

·
Registered
585 Posts
i like my xikar cutter, previously i had POS plastic 8$ ones, so this is a far improvement. My only complaint is that the free leather sheath is a lil tight for it.

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just FYI, I found the Xikar Multi-tool at eknifeworks.com for $20. Might just have to get one. Even if Xikar isn't the best, it has to be better than using my teeth.:w

·
Registered
419 Posts
Xikar multitool

Tried one before I bought in a local smokeshop; appreciated it's ability to deal with almost any ring size but wasn't that impressed with the precision of the cut. My double blade el cheapo did a better job. Frank B

·
Registered
21 Posts
The multi-tool cuts well if the cigar is about a 45 ring or less. Anything larger than that and you will experience a torn cut where the blades meet. I've let a few people use the multi-tool and they all experienced the same thing.
It is a nice cutter for $20 though.

Vic

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decisions decisions...The Palio looks awfully inviting. Good for larger ring guages, extreme sharpness...hmmm. I can see that this forum is going to put me in the poor house! :D

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did it!

I broke down and bought the Palio! I found it for $32 at bargain humidors. Thanks for all the input guys. Vikder's comments were enough to convince me against the Xikar tool. I figure that the Palio will last me forever and be what I really want. No more bits'o'tobac in the teeth!:D

SB

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Lamar said:
Great. Now I have to go and buy a Palio!
You don't have to do anything you don't want to do.

PalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalioPalio

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I use my Palio more than any other of my cutters (Zino, Prometheus, Dupont, etc) and it has yet to not cut a very clean precision cut every single time. Great cutter for the price & very lightweight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I looked up the Palio on the net as I've yet to see one locally. I might have to pick one up as well! You guys are going to make me poor, I can tell! :w

1 - 20 of 37 Posts