Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made it onto tx_tuff's rookie review panel, and I was going to go order the cigar we're reviewing, and I decided to look around and see if there was anything else I happened to want at seriouscigar.com, and I saw that their prices on the Xikar MTX were really nice, and I decided to bite.

Now for the tough decision. Which color?
http://www.xikar.com/cutters_ximtx.asp

I think I've narrowed it down to the gold and the bead blast. The black one's look kind of tacky, kind of like those kid scissors (no offense if you have a black one :)).

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
beadblast :) Ive got one. But I wont say if I like it or not. Dont want to be accused of swaying your judgement. LOL

·
Registered
738 Posts
So I made it onto tx_tuff's rookie review panel, and I was going to go order the cigar we're reviewing, and I decided to look around and see if there was anything else I happened to want at seriouscigar.com, and I saw that their prices on the Xikar MTX were really nice, and I decided to bite.

Now for the tough decision. Which color?
http://www.xikar.com/cutters_ximtx.asp

I think I've narrowed it down to the gold and the bead blast. The black one's look kind of tacky, kind of like those kid scissors (no offense if you have a black one :)).
There's a rookie review panel? Where I can I sign up? That sounds like something right up my alley.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's a rookie review panel? Where I can I sign up? That sounds like something right up my alley.
He made a post about it, but it's already filled up, it was pretty small. I'm sure if this one goes over well there'll be more, don't worry about it. If anything, I'll try leading one later on if there's still interest and no one to step up.

Just placed my order, gonna go with the bead blast. :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Given a choice, I prefer the bead blast. I have the gold, it was the only one available at Arlington Cigar when we had a herf up there. I had looked around unsuccessfully in Houston beforehand, so I just took the gold one. Haven't used it much yet, so the color doesn't really make much difference to me. Actually, now that I'm looking at the selection, the black one looks pretty cool in a retro kind of way. Okay, I'm not much help at all! Sorry.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heh, whatever, hearing your opinion is great, even if you don't have much of an opinion! Man, I've wanted a set of scissors since I saw Walt's video on how to use them over at ************, and I finally bit. Woo! Can't wait to start messing around with them, I'm probably going to go a little crazy like I did when I got my first Xikar and cut a few cigars, with no intent to smoke them at the moment.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yeah after Christmas, Troy had mentioned wanting to get a pair of those, so I started casually looking at the local shops. And I know I'm not crazy when I say that I remember seeing them in several places before I was interested in purchasing. But once I actually wanted one, they were nowhere to be found locally. So since I have an obsessive personality, when I saw them at the shop we were having our herf at, I snatched them up. They could have been purple and I probably would have gotten them. Well maybe not purple (at least I hope I have that much restraint) but you get my drift. It's a pretty cool tool and it folds down to nothing. But be careful, cause that thing is sharp as all get out and the folding and closing of the scissor can be a tad dangerous. i.e. watch your fingertips! :eek: Anyway, everything that Xikar makes is so cool, you're gonna like having that on hand when you need it. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.