Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're coming home from the beach Saturday morning and I get a call - one of my 16 year old daughter's form cheerleading coach has passed away. 23 years old. Circumstances not the best - booze, anti depressants and sleeping pills. Mike always burned the candle at both ends and I had spoken to him about it quite a few times - but he was young and indestrucible, or so he thought. My daughter is devastated. Mike was a big reason she has achieved what she has in cheerleading - he always pushed her harder and she responded. He will be missed by many.

I need to add that Mikes death was accidental - the anti depressants apparently were causing him not to sleep. Just a bad mixture.

Sunday morning a few of us are together reminissing, and we get a call - Mike dad has passed away - massive heart attack - 51 years old. I didn't know him, but I guess losing his youngest son like this was more than he could take. That leaves the mother and an older brother. I cannot even imagine the pain they are going through.

The viewing is tonight. For both. It's going to be a mob scene at best - Mike was know throughout NJ as a coach and competition organizer.

I'd like to smack him upside the head for being a dumba$$. And I'm going to miss him.

RIP Mike O'Neil...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.