Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the single worst "premium" cigar you have ever smoked?

For me it has to be that Macanudo Robust I smoke a couple of days ago. It was the most tasteless, empty, boring thing ever. :c I would prefer a Backwoods to that thing.
SB

·
Registered
77 Posts
was gifted an Ashton something-or-other a few weeks ago that tasted like burnt cabbage........sheesk,a fargin` $10 cigar..........

·
Registered
206 Posts
Me too, smoked an Ashton, looked like a robusto. It was from a humi in a local cigar bar, tasted like a burning hay bale.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
VSG Spellbound. Smoked 2 inches of it, and out the window it went! It was harsh without any good flavors from the start.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Viesturs, rollsfxr, I think I had the same smoke you two did!

I too remember a Ashton I smoked about a year ago being really bad. I think the price factored into my review....here it is from 12/22/02..................

The ashton robusto bordered on greatness, then boredom, because greatness never came. a mild and quite plain papery smoke that costs alot of money! I have smoked a dozen plus cigars at half the price that can kick this cigars ass. This robusto is a weiner @ filet prices........kinda bready and bitter at the end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brandon said "VSG Spellbound. Smoked 2 inches of it, and out the window it went! It was harsh without any good flavors from the start.

I can't imagine what the cigar had been through but do yourself a favor and try another one. I have two boxes in my Humi myslef and they are one of my two favorite domestics. Outstanding smoke. I think we have all had great cigars that didn't taste good the first time around. Give it another try. PM me and I will be more than happy to send you another one.

G

·
probably has to be and ACID.....friend of mine gave me one to try..... forgot what size.....quite frankly dont care to remember!!! it was like smoking perfume!!!! :pu

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
606 Posts
Bahia Gold maduro. Smoked about an inch, pitched it out into the yard and immediately fired up the lawn mower to properly destroy it. That was a couple of years ago before I was lured to the dark side...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ashton Magnum was the most disappointed I have ever been with a $6.00+ cigar.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Any Macanudo cigar....for a Premium price, you get no flavor nor taste. A close second, has to be the Aston magnum, actually most Aston's.
:w

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Gurhka Masters Select...twice. These things make me cringe when I see them now. I swear this thing tasted like crap and burnt completely up one side like I had 1/2 a cigar at the end!

·
Registered
546 Posts
For me it was the Calixto Lopez from the Philippines. A cigar that actually tastes like ass!!!.

Runner-up is Double Happiness also from the Philippines.

See a pattern...

Grinch OUT!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I hope this doens't get me banned from this board, but I had an Opus X PC that was horrific. Great burn on an incredibly harsh cigar. I felt as though I was puffing on Draino.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Yeah, I agree.
The most recent blend of Macanudo Robust absolutely sucks the big one. Now, the recent Macanudo Gold Label (I liked the Lord Nelson) is rather flavorful & enjoyable, and the Macanudo Vintage '97 (No.1 is a favorite) isn't bad either.

But as for the worst cigar(s) that I've smoked, at the top of the list is Pinar 2000 (which was given to me). What a piece of shit. Right up there along with it, and this is a recent release, is the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio. Now, I'm a big Perdomo fan owning several boxes of Perdomo lines (Genuine Counterfeit Cuban, La Tradition CAbinet REserve [5 boxes in that one alone, both in N & M], CAO [Maduros & Extreme], Samplers of Squared, Casa Montez), Estate Selection), but this new cigar sucked the big one. I wish some of you were there about 3 weeks ago at our Friday night herf when I lit up a torpedo that was gifted me. Took three puffs on it, was absolutely disgusted, clipped a big chunk off the tapered end, and right there in front of everyone smoking proceeded to dissect the cigar to find out what kind of crap leaves they had used in making it. Horrible tasting stuff that was overpowering and not very well appreciated by me (especialy since these cigars run $25 a piece).

MoTheMan

:w

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Lamar said:
I hope this doens't get me banned from this board, but I had an Opus X PC that was horrific.
I forgot I got sick (I probably blacked-out the pain) on an Opus X PC last summer......It would not stay lit, dripping in nicotine. I turned green, reminded me of chewing tobacco when I was 16 and swallowing it all the time! OK, truth is now out, thanks to Lamars' bravery, I can now say it was worst than the Ashton Magnum.:pu

·
Registered
73 Posts
Worst ever? Probably a RyJ Ex#4 from "that island" that was very sick.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts