Cigar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a lot of creative blending going on in the cigar industry right now. Tobaccos from unconventional sources are showing up in some of todays best sticks. I'm thinking in particular of the Brazilian wrappers on CAO Brazilia and Torano Signatures, the Peru ligero workings its way into a lot of Altadis' blends. Montecristo just came out with another line extension that includes a cigar mostly made from African tobaccos. There is another cigar, I believe from CAO but my memory is failing me, about to be released that will be dry cured and made of tobacco from some unusual sources (at least for cigars these days) such as Kentucky.

Here's the question: What blends that don't currently exist would you like to see in a cigar?

My pick (keep in mind I'm no blender) -- an (nearly) all South American cigar. Ecuador Sumatra and/or Brazilian wrappers, some of that Peru ligero, filler of Brazil and probably some Dominican tobacco to round it out. Just a flight of fancy.

I'd like to see what you fellas would pick.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just about anything South of Miami my friend!

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
"What blends that don't currently exist would you like to see in a cigar?"

the hoyo double coronas blend that the staff at cigar AFICIONADO get to smoke.

derrek
:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Venezuelan wrapper?

I have a Venezuelan cigar namely Orinoco. The wrapper looks like Ecuadorian Sun Grown, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know the blend of this cigar?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, never heard of Venezuelan tobacco in cigars! Cool. What's it like?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Enyafan said:
I would like to see what Reyes could do with cuban tobacco.
We already know that Honduan and Cuban tobacco go very well together since the Cubans quietly used Nicaraguan and Honduran tobacco for ary tasty. few years to supplement their own and the new "Liberty" by Camacho is a blend of 40 year old Cuban and current Honduran that is ve

·
Registered
623 Posts
cashcow said:
Cuban ligero and filler, Brazilian wrapper
This is a great combo. I had some custom Robaina's with bad wrappers. Wayne was kind enough to re-wrap a few with Brazilian wrapper. We smoked them at the LOLH and they were fantasic! I call them Brazilibaina's..lol.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Yeah Hogg,

Got a box of the Maduros. Mmm, Yummy, but not for everyone's palate.

The second coming of Signature Collection/Santiago Cubana.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once the embargo's over I'll bet there'll be some pretty wild stuff going on with blending cuban tobacco. I'm looking forward to see what happens. [cautiously optomistic]

I guess ST Dupont makes a blend of Cuban and other tobaccos that's supposed to be pretty good.

cashcow: Thanks for the info. Venezuelan sounds like good stuff to try sometime. I'll keep an eye out for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts