Cigar Forums banner

Wisdom teeth out, no smoking = Me upset.

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Armenian 
#1 ·
Well I got my wisdom teeth out today, mouth is numb, I'm pumped up on oxycodone, and other pills. And I'm not gonna be able to smoke for a while! Anyone else have wisdom teeth experiences?

#8 ·
Yep,,,just had one removed last week and I went home,,took my pills and smoked my usual cigar that evening. I know from previous posts on other boards it's not a real smart idea because of getting a dry socket from sucking or puffing,,,cigars or straws for that matter. I left a small cotton torpedo over the area and enjoyed the cigar. Afterwards, I took the used cotton out and replaced it with a clean one and so far,,,so good. Oh, by the way, enjoy crunching on some walnuts as you smoke the cigar and complete your day. lol

#16 ·
Yeah, I had a normal (non-wisdom) tooth extraction a few months ago and it was the same routine: no smoking, no drinking through straws, nothing that creates a vacuum in your mouth.

That can happen to you is dry sockets which, I can tell you from personal experience, are a miserable experience to be avoided at all costs!

#17 ·
I would follow the instructions that your Dentist/Doctor ordered--Believe me when I say that you do not want a dry socket--A guy at work did just the opposite of what the Doc. said and he is now going threw more pain because of infection. Your cigars will be there--the main thing is to heal well...Good Luck!:biggrin:

#18 ·
Yeah, my sister got dry sockets so I know it sucks badly. Though she also went back to college the day after she got them out and did her normal drinking and parties. I am at home for another couple of weeks before I move into my new apartment, and I've been following all the instructions so hopefully I will be ok.

#19 ·
got all 4 of mine taken out last year. some old lady fell face first and bashed her teeth on the curb (freakin ouch!), they needed to do an emergency surgery on her, so the moment they were done ripping mine out they had the 2 staff nurses and my wife walk me out the car. they were supposed to let me rest in the chair untill i woke up naturally, but they had to get this old bag in there so they rushed me out. i remember being so freaking high i pushed the front seat back and layed down in the car laughing and trying to throw stuff out the window the entire ride home.
i ate stouffers mac n cheese, milk shakes and percocets for the next 4 days. one of the nights i woke up in sooo much pain (the only time i felt any pain) but i just slingshot 3 perc's into my throat and was back to normal within 15 minutes.
glad i got it over with, plus i had fun doing nothing for a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.