Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious as to whether any of your wives or girlfriends (husbands or b/f's if it applies to you) share your passion for cigars. If so, exactly what is their preference and favorite choice?

As for me, I was lucky enough to get my wife to finally enjoy the fine pleasure of a good cigar. She likes Drew Estate, specifically the Cold Infusion Tea. Yeah... I know, dont care for them myself. She also likes the C.A.O. Flavours in a petite corona. I had to buy her a humidor of her own though as she kept trying to put her "Infused Cigars" in with my cubans and other prized possesions.... (grounds for divorce?) :p Her humidor is now fully stocked and often overflowing like my own.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well my girlfriend doesn't smoke, she doesn't mind them at all... THANK GOD :r But my mother does like the CAO flavored cigars, and yes we got her a little humidor too!

Ryan

·
Registered
137 Posts
At this point, my wife doesn't like the cigar smoking... so I've been smoking outside. Plus we have a 2 year old, and I won't smoke around him anyway. I'm hoping to at least get her to tolerate it, but until then she doesn't say much at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
TomN said:
At this point, my wife doesn't like the cigar smoking... so I've been smoking outside. Plus we have a 2 year old, and I won't smoke around him anyway. I'm hoping to at least get her to tolerate it, but until then she doesn't say much at all.
Just don't give her any lovin'.... or will that be the other way around? lol

Good luck, took my a while to get my mom to try a flavored one, now she likes em

Ryan

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
My chica likes the CAO vanillas and moontrances. It's like smoking candy to me but whatever. Sometimes she takes a little puff or two off of a stog I'm smoking and she's beginning to tell her likes from dislikes. It's helped her understand the difference between smoking cigarettes, which we both despise, and cigars. So I'm in the clear when I herf a fatty.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My wife used to smoke two packs a day, she's down to a few cigarettes now, and can't stand the smell of fine cigars...go figure :rolleyes: .She does like the Acid: Def Sea though but not enough to buy her own. With two small kids i just have to bite the bullet for now but i will sneak in the house every once in awhile if the weather sucks, lucky for me she's a lousy shot;) :fu .

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TomN said:
I have a 2 yr old little girl as well... when my wife was pregnant she made me agree to quit smoking "cigaretes" when my daughter was born. AHH! A technicality... She did not say anything about "cigars"... and I've been hooked ever since. Hard to belive I wasted soo much valuable time and money on those awful cigaretes. Anyhow, my wife was the same way... didn't like the smoking (cigars now) and didnt say aything, just left me alone outside. Until one day I bought her some little flavoured cigars (not the cheap ass 7-11 ones :D ) but some really nice CAO Bella Vanillas in their smallest size (4x30). I invited her out with me after we put my daughter to bed. It had been a long day as she stays home with our daughter. I handed her the little present and we sat down, and after some coaxing finally got her to try it.......

AHH! SUCCESS!!

We talked more than we had in 6 months and spent a great time with each other. (Who needs marriage counseling when you have cigars?) It's a nightly ritual now... helps her to unwind and gives me the chance to ask about her day

·
Registered
756 Posts
mine lady does enjoy a fine vintage newport every once in a while :D

she doesnt mind me smoking too much anymore. but building a smoking room in the basement she does not like. says she'll never see me anymore...i told her she'll know where i'll be if she wants to see me ;) :r

jimmy

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Mrs. never smokes cigars unless I get a truely spectacular specimen. She trusts me to tell her when she should have a puff of a great cigar. You should try this to initiate the better half to the joys of the leaf.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
my wife smokes cloves- a couple a week, and on a rare occasion she'll smoke a cigar. if i'm smoking something really great, i'll offer her a hit and she usually goes for it. if we're smoking together, she has to sit upwind because those cloves stink.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My wife has her own Humidor..
She likes the CAO flavours also..
Her "regular" favorite has become the moontrance but she like to enjoy a Monte Joyita ( thanks filly - ya never know what you start!)
Anyway My wife enjoys the smaller habanos mostly.
She seems to make exceptions for older Davidoffs - Oh you got to get me some of these she says... ( 86Chateua La tours.) Ohh great I think....hehehe

Lifes to short to not get her what she wants..
I figgure she puts up with me, so she deserves the good stuff.

Hbooker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts