Cigar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 3 Whynter chc-251s coolerators, 2 are not cooling now. Started as display temperature was lower then set temperature so it would not cool till I set them at 54. Now they stopped cooling but fans keep running. They are no longer under warranty and called Whynter, their reply was send them in. I live in Florida so they would need to be shipped to California, quite expensive and Whynter would not say how much repair would be, I asked could I replace the board or other parts, they said no parts available now and would not say if I could if avaiable. Main board, heat sink, temp board. I wonder if a local repair company could repair. It seems the part that reads the interior temp went bad first then got worse. Any ideas.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Have 3 Whynter chc-251s coolerators, 2 are not cooling now. Started as display temperature was lower then set temperature so it would not cool till I set them at 54. Now they stopped cooling but fans keep running. They are no longer under warranty and called Whynter, their reply was send them in. I live in Florida so they would need to be shipped to California, quite expensive and Whynter would not say how much repair would be, I asked could I replace the board or other parts, they said no parts available now and would not say if I could if avaiable. Main board, heat sink, temp board. I wonder if a local repair company could repair. It seems the part that reads the interior temp went bad first then got worse. Any ideas.
I have owned mine for 3 years. They sent me free of charge the parts at 18 months. After 3 years it's the same issue. Seems to be problematic in a lot of different coolers. I have mine in the basement so room temp is good. It works fine unplugged with bovedas. It is air tight so works like a large humidor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called and emailed them, same troubleshooting replies that do not help, theybsaid Ambien stores has no parts now. Want me to send it in, with shipping and repairs I am better off buying a no name brand from Amazon for about $225. The Whynters have been troublesome from day 1, have a smaller New Air that works like a charm. The one not cooling at all the fans stay on, no water dripping into the tray and both green/red lights on, so cant figure whats wrong. The othe one cools but shows display temperature lower then it is so it does not cool till I lower set temperature below that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts