The following is why I prefer Puros now

1. Quality in the last couple of years has improved
2. They taste better to me...blindfolded I could tell the difference
3. I can get them readily
4. Through my limited knowledge of them, I can be part of a board like this
5. They seem to age better
6. MRN wrote a Bible on them
7. CA does not rate them reasonably and that makes me want them more
8. Els....not the be all and end all but not bad overall..especially some (not all) boxes of Sig 6's)
9. Getting and giving them in trades....like Xmas every day
10. More knowledgeable people seem to smoke Cubans

and finally.....I have had less negative comments by damn cigarette smokers that they smell bad in smoking bars and therefore less problems

And also...this is an odd observation and just IMHO but they seem to make better smoke rings

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
one thing that hits you when you leave the USA is you don't see many so-called "domestics" ... maybe you'll see a few non-cuban boutique cigars (e.g. davidoffs)- maybe a padron anni or a fuente if you check out the bottom shelves of the humidor in a big shop... but it's clear that the rest of the world is smoking cubans almost exclusively.

:sb

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Yeah, what robmcd said.

But I think one thing that irritates the heck out of the Cubans is that the size of the US domestic cigar market isabout 3X (!) the size of the entire Cuban cigar output. Just a thought.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
242 Posts
My feeling is: just let as many people as possible keep on smoking domestics; let them be happy; let them leave the real deal to, as Aeschylus said, "those who know."

Brit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts