Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Guys, this is my first post, so I figured I'd introduce myself. I am a BOTL currently living in Hoboken, NJ. I suppose I stumbled upon CS because of extreme boredom at work, but am I glad I did. I've been lurking for a few days now, and I have learned a good amount (beads!!? really?!). I'm no rookie, I've been smoking for around 13 years now, but it's rare to be in such a forum, online or off, were so many people are so passionate and knowledgeable about smokes. I like a lot of smokes, but some of my favorites are the Ashton VSG/ESG, Oliva Master Blends (1&3, wasn't as into 2), for a long while I was stuck on the CAO Brazillia. Lately I've been mostly smoking ISOM, but after, well okay, during a Siglo VI, Bolivar Royal Corona binge, I'm trying branch out a bit to find other ISOMs that I like (San Cristobal de La Habana - Muralla was really nice and different) Lately I've been craving a CAO honey gold. When I moved to the NYC area, I left behind a B&M that was like a 2nd home to me, picture Cheers, only cooler. Well, I look forward to posting on the boards, take care guys.
-Jared

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to CS Jared from one NJ BOTL to another! I can appreciate your username as well, a little reference to Coming to America. Great flick. This site is full of knowledge and genuine people who all share common interests in many things, not just stogies. So enjoy moseying around, get comfortable, and enjoy CS!

:tu

·
the fiend Davy Jones
2,685 Posts
Welcome to the jungle Jared; it's a truly great place as you've already discovered. I'm a newb myself and I'm having a great time on here and like you, I've been a little bored at work so I'm here constantly.

I had my first Ashton VSG Churchill last night; a very good stick. I was also given a Garo Habano Blue Robusto that I had never heard of but was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

I'm a big fan/supporter of my local B&M (already! I just started smoking cigars semi-regularly earlier in the year) so I understand what you mean. Where are you from originally?

On my last trip to NYC, I hit up Hudson Bar & Books (not exactly a B&M) and enjoyed it. I bought cigars up at Barclay-Rex on about Lex & 49th.

·
Hand me a Bolivar
7,934 Posts
Nah, not too far, around 30 mins maybe? Anytime I get to get out to 'real' Jersey it's always a treat, I'm always stuck in NYC, and don't escape too much.
Welcome to the club!! I work on Rt. 17 in Paramus and live in Sussex. Great to have a fellow NJ'er here!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.