Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Cheese stands alone
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's the deal under my login and cookies options I have Automatically login when you return to the site marked YES. This works fine and I am automaticly logged when I visit the site when I'm using Windows however when I visit the site when I'm booted into my Linux partition i have to log in manually I know this isn't a huge problem but Linux is the OS that i use 95% of the time and I'd like to be able to log in automaticly.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Which version of Linux, and which browser. On my RedHat 8 system at home, using Mozilla, my login is remembered. Do you have your browser set to block all cookies? Your ClubStogie profile may be set to save the cookie, but if your browser is set to block them, then your login will be forgotten as soon as you close the browser window.

·
The Cheese stands alone
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using Opera and yes it is set to accept the cookies I belong to various other forums and am logged in automaticly when I visit those sites.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'm not sure what to tell you, as I am not that familiar with Linux and Mozilla. What I can tell you is that the "remain login" option is based off of finding the cookie from your last session on your pc. If your cookies are being deleted after you leave that could be the issue.

·
The Cheese stands alone
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason I had gone in and set Opera to delete the cookies when I exit. As far as being automatically logged in on other message boards I must have been totally wrong about that. It didn't dawn on me until I signed in here and then came back later without closing the browser window and was automatically logged in.

Just out of curiosity what is your reason for using Linux? Right now I'm in school for networking and computer forensics and installed Linux when I built this computer. I had had some experience with it in the labs but not alot. After installing it I am using it now as my OS of choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.