Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. it's that time of year, hows your team going finish. I'm a huge Buc's fan. I think we will probably finish around 9-7 or 10-6. The special teams are without a doubt, better than last year. I think the offense can only be better than last year also. Lots of veterans picked up on offensive line. I wish McCardell would come back, but I think with Tim Brown, Galloway, and Charles Lee, we have a solid recieving group with more speed than last year. I guess the question will be can we still have a top defense without Sapp and Lynch. I think we can, if we stay healthy (please don't repeat last year!). Brian Kelly and R. Barber are both better than average corners. Linebackers crew may be one of the best in the NFL, Brooks,Gold, and Quarles have all 3 been pro-bowlers. The safeties are both solid and more athletic than Lynch. He was great in his prime, but I think he lost a step the last couple years.The D-line should still be better than average without bigmouth Sapp also.
Go Buc's!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm a Denver Broncos fan!

The Broncos should contend for the AFC West crown with an improved defense, especially in the defensive backfield.

Now, if the offense can only come around...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Bears fan with the Colts as a back-up. :r

When you are a Chicago team fan you always need a back-up. For baseball it's the Cubs and anyone playing the Cardinals. For basketball, it's whichever team Jordan is either playing on or has some ownership rights. LMAO!!

·
-
11,412 Posts
the chefs... who will once again win the afc west easily.

no offense to the broncos, who i feel can still contend for the playoffs, but we KC fans LOVED that trade that sent portis away for bailey.
i mean, who killed KC the past couple years? portis.
does KC have any WRs that bailey will cover that will matter? no, and the remaining 3 DBs for Denver blow old balls. they still have issues on DL and now at LB with the injuries (but they drafted dj williams).

one of the teams i feel will shock some people this year will be DA BEARS.
improved OL (although tucker is ALREADY hurt... again).
better coaching on both sides of the ball.
improvement at the skill positions with gage, wade, berrian, thomas jones, grossman.
the defense got a major boost by getting adewale ogunleye, cuz they needed a pass rusher...

the team i feel will fall off the most: carolina. lost a few DBs to FA; lost a DL for the year; lost more than half their starting OL from last year, still searching for a replacement due to the sudden retirement of their starting RT.
yes, they've looked good in pre-season, but as iverson says, "we're talkin' 'bout practice."
i just feel their losses on the OL will keep them from what got them deep in the playoffs, and that's the dominant rushing game.

i won't go into detail about who i like for fantasy reasons, i think i'll be playing against some guys in here...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I am a die hard fan of Da Bears - Ditka - Sausages - Oh, I havin' anoder heart attack.

Not too sure how they're gonna do this year, especially with Urlacher hurtin'. But the future is looking good. Grossman, improved D-line, young WR's. Give them a couple years and they're gonna be right there.

Oh yeah, i also like any team that is playing against the ViQueens. How can anyone like a team that has a bunch of guys running around in purple tights.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matt R said:
Bears fan with the Colts as a back-up. :r

When you are a Chicago team fan you always need a back-up. For baseball it's the Cubs and anyone playing the Cardinals. For basketball, it's whichever team Jordan is either playing on or has some ownership rights. LMAO!!
I'm originally from Chi-town, so I still have a soft spot for the Bears (Except when they are playing the Bucs :D )

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IHT said:

no offense to the broncos, who i feel can still contend for the playoffs, but we KC fans LOVED that trade that sent portis away for bailey.
does KC have any WRs that bailey will cover that will matter? no, and the remaining 3 DBs for Denver blow old balls. they still have issues on DL and now at LB with the injuries (but they drafted dj williams).

improvement at the skill positions with gage, wade, berrian, thomas jones, grossman.
the defense got a major boost by getting adewale ogunleye, cuz they needed a pass rusher...

the team i feel will fall off the most: carolina. lost a few DBs to FA; lost a DL for the year; lost more than half their starting OL from last year, still searching for a replacement due to the sudden retirement of their starting RT.
yes, they've looked good in pre-season, but as iverson says, "we're talkin' 'bout practice."
i just feel their losses on the OL will keep them from what got them deep in the playoffs, and that's the dominant rushing game.

i won't go into detail about who i like for fantasy reasons, i think i'll be playing against some guys in here...
Well they definately have the offense to go all the way, we'll have to wait and see if the defense is really improved or not.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
flipflop said:
The Falcons and any team playing the Eagles or Cowboys. :D

(Eagles and Cowboy fans are soooooo entertaining when they lose.) :r
MIke V. is very fun to watch. Agree 100% on the phily and Cowboys. MOST of the Phily fans have no class at all, and the Cowboys have bigmouth MeShawn Johnson. Thats enough reason alone for me to dislike them.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
IHT said:

Sounds like we might have to have a friendly wager! :D How about a 5 pack of cigars on who wins the division, the Broncos or the Chiefs? If Oakland wins it, we both are sick! :pu

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
glovepuppy said:
I am a die hard fan of Da Bears - Ditka - Sausages - Oh, I havin' anoder heart attack.

Not too sure how they're gonna do this year, especially with Urlacher hurtin'. But the future is looking good. Grossman, improved D-line, young WR's. Give them a couple years and they're gonna be right there.

Oh yeah, i also like any team that is playing against the ViQueens. How can anyone like a team that has a bunch of guys running around in purple tights.
Adewale Ogunleye will pick up some of Urlacher's slack, though with him that defensive line would be top 5, easily.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Matt R said:
Adewale Ogunleye will pick up some of Urlacher's slack, though with him that defensive line would be top 5, easily.
Yeah, I was stoked when i heard this trade went down. Da Bears haven't had a decent pass rusher since the days of Dick Dent. Booker was a No. 2 receiver at best and wasn't really in the team's plans for the future.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Since no one has stood up for the little Tennessee franchise, I'll tell you that I'm a HUGE Titans fan. I loved the Oilers growing up (Warren Moon could threw the cleanest, tightest spiral ever) and followed them right over to Tennessee. I had to give up my season tickets (or PSL) when I moved to Dallas.

Playoff bound? Don't know...salary cap left large holes everywhere...but you just can't count out McNair.

I suppose I'll follow the Cowboys, since I'm living in their market and the media will certainly be saturated.

Hoss

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.