Cigar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever bought a "bundle" cigar from a retailer and find it to be one of the better smokes you have ever had. I have been smoking cigars for about 5 years now and have tried about every reputable domestic and a few from ISOM(I'm new butI learn quick) but I recently bought a bundle from a local shop and it was unbelieveable. They are from Honduras and the man that owns the shop(decent and trustworhty been smoking stogies for 40 years) says they are like this all of the time. I cannot hardly believe it. It was a uphoric experience to smoke the 1 st one and they are consistantly that good. Med bodied very creamy with a slight sweet taste. WOW :D

·
Test Subject
2,645 Posts
I usually stay away from bundles , I think most times you get inferior cigars but I have not experimented with bundles enough to really be in the know...........................Jerry

·
Registered
283 Posts
I smoke bundles half the time, man, hook me up with the vendor name!

This week I'm trying the honduran old fashions, was going to go with another el credito bundle but I've been on a search since the connie9's went south...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sometimes the cigar you like may be found in a bundle.
Im glad to hear you found a good smoke that you like.

THe best news is you will now be able to save some $$ and enjoy a smoke that make you happy.

I have tried loads of bundled smokes and a few have been pretty darned good..

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Flor de Oliva Original 6 1/2 x 52 Torpedo

Bundle of 25 - 6 1/2 x 52.
One of Americas top selling bundles! Flor de Oliva is made with 100% All Long Nicaraguan Filler. An Indonesian Sumatra wrapper finishes this favorite. Flor de Oliva is our family's way of earning your confidence. All sizes individually cellophaned and packaged in bundles of 25 cigars.
-------------------------------------------------------
This is the only non-ISOM I still smoke. Two bundles a month for many years. Starts of with a sweet taste and builds to a spicy finish. Lots of creamy smoke. Very good appearance and construction with an even burn and no soft spots. As good as any under $6.00 cigar [non-isom] out there. Always enjoy them with morning coffee and afternoon coke. 68RH works for me. I buy mine from abc cigars.com.

"Original" not "Gold Line"

·
Registered
283 Posts
okie2 said:
Flor de Oliva Original 6 1/2 x 52 Torpedo

This is the only non-ISOM I still smoke. Two bundles a month for many years. Starts of with a sweet taste and builds to a spicy finish. Lots of creamy smoke. Very good appearance and construction with an even burn and no soft spots.
That's funny, I've been holding one of these to gift, I found them too mild for me, but with your colorful description I am having second thoughts... nah, I need something with a bite. Holt's has a honduran bundle with good flavor, reminded me of an uncle mikey honduran but damn if I can remember the name...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The place I got these from is Tobacco Hut here in New Port Richey Florida. The owner is Lou and is a real cigar smoker. Come to think of it the city may be Elfers. If you are interested I will give you the number if you e-mail me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I gotta tell you I did have that FdO torp last night and man was it creamy smooth, perfect bedtime smoke! perception is everything I guess...

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
"Wholly Hypem Batman" now I gotta go and pull the trigger and buy a bundle! Your chit chat got me hooked and I must buy. Jeez I'm getting cwazy up here in the NW! I smoke 3 to 10 cigars a week but buy 50 to 70 cigars a week. I've got tupperdors', humidors', coolerdors', Dutchdoors' and shoeboxdors'!

THIS SITE IS EVIL!:c :fu :c :fu :c

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Your chit chat got me hooked and I must buy
Dave, if you try them buy the Natural and not the Maduro. The Maduro just doesn't cut it

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Flor de Oliva Original 6 1/2 x 52 Torpedo Natural
Bundle of 25 - 6 1/2 x 52.
MSRP: $45.00 $27.00

I'm going to give this one here a shot. I'll probably let 'em set a couple of weeks......(in some sort of Box-O-Dor) then catch one on fire! I'm running out of space up here, my wifes eyes are doing this :rolleyes: and now I think I have to go and check out the space in

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts