Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, read a lot of political stuff lately and it seems like we're always picking the lesser of the two evils. What would happen if we were able to get good folks in there and have trouble picking the best one?

What would that ticket look like?

I'm thinking Colin Powell and Dianne Feinstein would make a great ticket!

·
-
11,412 Posts
i don't pay enough attention really. i'd have to do a lot of research.

i don't think it would really matter, as they get a lot of their info from their cabinet, and then there's congress you have to deal with, etc. it's not he's all powerful and can do whatever he wants.

as of right now, i'd vote for bush. until kerry starts telling people HOW he'll do better, i don't know HOW people can vote for him. if all he can do is bash george W, what good can he do as a president?

he's like the guy who likes to talk trash but you've never seen him do anything himself. he has no room to talk... yet.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Churchlady said:
I'm thinking Colin Powell and Dianne Feinstein would make a great ticket!
Blood pressure....going up.....

Colin Powell - Yes

Dianne Feinstein?!!? :mad:

Don't get me started on her and the Assault Weapons Ban! Don't get me started on Cali…way too liberal for me! My sisters boyfriend is from Cali and we agree on absolutely nothing - he voted for Nader, so as a Bush supporter I did what I had to do....I thanked him!

Call me a gun-totin' right-wing nut job if you like - the AWB is a joke!

What would happen if we were able to get good folks in there and have trouble picking the best one?
I assume you are not a supporter of the current administration, or the two Johns either.

I need a drink.

Once the darn Fahrenheit 9/11 commercials stopped the Democrats have to hold their convention...there is going to be a lot of yelling at the TV tonight.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
As a service member Kerry scares the SH!T outta me, Period. His whole platform is; I'am not Bush and Bush is bad... Well Bonzo lets look at your less than illustrious voting record! that will tell you where he really stands :sb

I usually avoid three types of discussions:

1. Abortion
2. Theology
3. Politics

So I will gracefully bow out of any further arguement.

"An injustice anywhere is an afront to justice everywhere"
-Dr. Martin Luther King

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Ok...I think I've calmed down now :)

Mr C is correct '08 will be VERY interesting.

Right now I can't say I really wish one particular politican runs in 08, a lot can happen in the next 4 years. Wouldn't mind Rudy or Colin...NOT a Hilary Clinton fan, but you guys probably knew that ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was extremely disappointed when Colin Powell decided not to run in 2000. I'd like to hear more about what John McCain would do economically and socially. I'm definitely not W., nor am I Ted Kennedy. I'll wait to hear what Kerry has to say, but I know I can't support W.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I always kinda though Colin Powell and Elizabeth Dole would make an interesting political pair. He has the Military and Cabinet experience, and she has the Charity and Business Admin side.

but, unfortunately, Powell is too smart to take the punishment that is US President, and Mrs. Dole couldn't do it on her own.

As for current, I couldn't take another 4 years of losing jobs to overseas and fighting a war we can't win, so I'll be going with Kerry - just to see if he can do better. I can't get any worse.

PS I just realized that every time we've had a balanced budget, a Dem has been president. And almost every time we're at war (good or bad), the GOP has held the seat. Hmmm....

·
Registered
67 Posts
linusvanpelt said:
PS I just realized that every time we've had a balanced budget, a Dem has been president. And almost every time we're at war (good or bad), the GOP has held the seat. Hmmm....
Could it be that Democrats raise taxes to balance the budget and would run from the Girl Scouts if they were faced with a confrontation. Just my $.02 worth. Not trying to stir the sh$t, am just scared that the Poodle and the pretty boy trial lawyer are even competing for votes.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
I agree, its always those damn GOPers getting us into wars. We need solutions! Like what the Democrats did! Like the Bay of Pigs! The Somilia Food Drive! Enough of this removing genocidal dictators from power and securing an Arab ally to aid in Middle East peace talks, thats soooooooo WWII. We need progressive thought. Think towards the future. The only way will will ever beat terrorism is to join them. We must blow ourselves up, commit suicide, political suicide if we must...VOTE KERRY!

We also need unilateral support from all nations regarding the situation in Iraq. Invite everyone over for a pool party at Camp David and we can have a Treaty of Versaille part deux. Granted that would only lead to another dictator in Iraq and further problems, but then we would have more work for the politicians and therefore a raise.

Another folly of that damn GOP is the whole lowering taxes thing. We need redistribution of wealth! I dont know what any of this garbage is about motivation, capitalism, and success, but who needs it when the government is handing out checks? We will not be a perfect society until we have nothing but professors and government chairmen....and interns!

Guns?!?! 1f1fan...you honestly believe that you, an honest citizen who obviously has some regard for the laws, are responsible enough to own a gun?!? A gun is twice as dangerous as a hammer, and like hammers (which will also be outlawed), only criminals use them! No honest human needs a gun or a hammer to protect or provide for himself and his family, thats what welfare and union police are for (note that the Buffalo police during labor disputes refused to write accident reports for state-owned vehicles). And since only a criminal would own a hammer or a gun, only criminals will be allowed to have them. But if they use them for no-good-ness, they will be replaced with hugs, pink walls, cable tv, and frilly pillows while in prison. Their welfare checks, of course, will be forwarded to their cell.

OK, Im done...for a little

But yeah, even though I brought up all these great points for Kerry, Ill probably send my vote over to Bush. Just call me a knuckle-dragging rightwing, no-gun totin' but still NRA belongin' nutjob. :u

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
linusvanpelt said:
As for current, I couldn't take another 4 years of losing jobs to overseas and fighting a war we can't win, so I'll be going with Kerry - just to see if he can do better. I can't get any worse.

PS I just realized that every time we've had a balanced budget, a Dem has been president.
:rolleyes:

May I suggest two books for you to read, which I gather, by your comments, you have not. Both are by Dr. Thomas Sowell, Distinguished Fellow of Economics at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. They are written in layman's terms, so they're easy to understand.

BASIC ECONOMICS: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy

APPLIED ECONOMICS: Thinking Beyond Stage one

linusvanpelt said:
And almost every time we're at war (good or bad), the GOP has held the seat. Hmmm....
Huh? Did you miss American history class in school?

WWI - Wilson (D)
WWII - FDR (D) and Truman (D)
Korea - Truman (D) 1950-53 and Eisenhower (R) 1953
Vietnam - JFK (D) 1961-63; LBJ (D) 1963-69; Nixon (R) 1969-75
Persian Gulf - G.H.W. Bush (R) 1990-91
Iraq - G.W. Bush (R) 2003 to present

Unless my math skills have left me, I count four wars that that were started when a D held the office and two with a R holding office.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am to the Right of the Right Wing nut jobs. And I say Go Bush.

I wish Arny could be President. The Last Republican that came from Cali was the best President that ever Lived.

Maybe if Jesse could wake up, become a republican be a lot less liberal he would make a good run for President with Rudy Juliany (sp?) as Vice Pres.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
ChiTown said:
Anyone but Bush. Things can't get any worse.

Anyone? Things can't get worse? Ok... how about....

Jesse Jackson?
Al Sharpton?
Pat Buchanan?
Jerry Falwell?
Pat Robertson?
Michael Moore?
Alec Baldwin?
Barbra Streisand?
Rob Reiner?
David Dukes?
Louis Farakhan?

Do I need to continue?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
ChiTown said:
Anyone but Bush. Things can't get any worse.
See below.... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
flipflop said:

Anyone? Things can't get worse? Ok... how about....

Jesse Jackson?
Al Sharpton?
Pat Buchanan?
Jerry Falwell?
Pat Robertson?
Michael Moore?
Alec Baldwin?
Barbra Streisand?
Rob Reiner?
David Dukes?
Louis Farakhan?

Do I need to continue?
You take me to literally...point being is that the current administration has not done a satisfactory job on many different fronts. And that's putting it mildly.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Ok..... Maybe this should be another post.

Can any of the libs on this board. Give me just on thing with documented proof of why you are going to vote for John Kerry that is not something you don't like about Bush.

For Example if Bush was not Running. Why would you vote for Kerry? What has he done the is good. What Meritt does he have that would make him a good choice to lead this country.

You see all of the libs are mostly any body but Bush. I have disagreements with Bush also. But by voteing for Kerry you are just getting the most liberal voting senator as president. Kerry's voting record is more Liberal than Kennedy and Clinton. He is week on defense. You can look at his congressional voting record to see this. Now I am very conservative. So I like to see conservative values in a president. However a president who is extreme in either conservative or liberal ideals is a bad thing. The president should be not right in the center. but a middle ground. He has to work with a congress and anyone who is exterme will alienate the other party and nothing will get done.

With that being said there should be a law against liberals. :fu

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.