Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cuban Cigar Tester
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shifting from non-cuban sticks to cuban only it looks like as I only love OpusX sticks as much as Cubans that I did like, from the ones that I smoked. I am still trying Tats, Padrons, Avo's, AF, LG, LFD, Ligas, Ashtons, to see if there is any I want a box of, so far only OpusX with 2-3 years on it would I buy a box of.

Who on here from USA, smoke only cubans? And why, whats your story, or how did you transition?

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
I am shifting from non-cuban sticks to cuban only it looks like as I only love OpusX sticks as much as Cubans that I did like, from the ones that I smoked. I am still trying Tats, Padrons, Avo's, AF, LG, LFD, Ligas, Ashtons, to see if there is any I want a box of, so far only OpusX with 2-3 years on it would I buy a box of.

Who on here from USA, smoke only cubans? And why, whats your story, or how did you transition?
Story is simple after years of smoking cigars! I kept reaching more and more for Cubans and less and less for non Cubans! I eventually went all Cuban never looked back! But this is a common scenario as Cubans are the best the world has to offer! Never seen it go the other way! YOU?

·
Mmmm. . . maduros
702 Posts
My remaining NC stash is occupying a barely half full 100ct humidor. I don't see myself buying many more after that. I like stopping by B&Ms every so often though and I usually grab a handful of sticks then.

I just found myself getting tired of super powerful, thick RG sticks that seem to be flooding the NC industry

·
Registered
511 Posts
I probably smoke 1 NC for every 15-20 CCs. I really only smoke them now because I have a pretty large collection that I had accumulated before slipping to the dark side. I imagine in the next year or so I will only be smoking CCs. They really are the best in the world!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I started with Cubans.. shifted to NCs... but I kept grabbing my cubans first

·
Registered
218 Posts
Started with Tats and other Pepin sticks when I re-discovered cigars. Spent a couple of good, solid years with them. Got a small bomb from another BOTL that was all CC's. Worked my way through these and they definitely piqued my interest. Started researching the various marcas, sources, etc and placed my first CC order soon thereafter. Haven't looked back since and literally sold my remaining NC stash to create space. Can't see going back, not even occasionally.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
When I smoke cigars, I smoke 99% NC. Maybe I'm a total weirdo but I prefer NC sticks. I'm in love with maduro wrapper leaf and its tough to find a cigar that isn't maduro that I enjoy. Its always fun to light up a CC but I find myself smoking them just for the sake of smoking them. When I smoke a cigar for the flavor of the cigar (and not the whole "I'm smoking a cuban!" thing), its maduro.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Out of the 8-10 cigars that I smoke a month 2 are cc's. This is the only way I can keep up with aging. I still love my nc's. Off topic but I just get this all the time. I still get the newbie here and there that says that tatuaje cigars are the same as cc's. If the my father factory starts smuggling tobacco out of Cuba then I could believe it. I very much enjoy tatuajes and DPG's but they are not cuban tobacco.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts