Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is some white stuff that is on my humidifier. All I ever put in it was water. Is this normal? when I touched it it dissapeared, I guess its humidity.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Do you use distilled water? If not, it could simply be minerals in the water that show up once the water has evaporated. This is the reason most folks reccomend distilled water.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep distilled water only, i did not use that solution stuff. So far the distalled water only is keeping my cigars in great smoking shape. I do live in miami so the heat tends to go up but I have the ac on now, unfortunately. I was trying to save money on electricity so I can get a box of smokes hehehe.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Well then you could be in for some good news. If the white stuff is ont he cigars it is likely bloom, and a sign that they are ageing comfortably!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No its not on the cigars its right on the vents of the humidifier. I touched it again today and its like lint, but then it dissolved. Its hanging out the holes of the humidifier.

I wonder if thats normal when the humidifier is new or do I have a problem. So far its keeping my cigars at humidity 65-67. temp is at 73-74.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
White Stuff

If the white stuff disappears when you touch it...this is a cigar ghost trying to smoke your cigars...immediately remove all your cigars and smoke them first !
Good Idea about the saving electricity, I live with candles..no problem...took my kids out of school...so I can have more money for smokes:w
Try your Crown... check your humidity and stop snorting on top of your humidor...hehehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well Mike you were right, it was mold. I used distilled water but it still got mold. Maybe because I had dumped the whole humidifier into a bucket of distilled water?

Anyways I threw it out and just put in my crown humidifier. lets see if this one is better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now that i think of it, I think i go mold maybe because I didnt use that 50/50 solution?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You just want to use that 50/50 solution. Go ahead and try it...I wish you hadn't thrown away that other humidifier, that way if you don't like it, you could throw it away. I am almost sure that you annot go back to distilled water after filling it with the GUNK. I may be wrong. For me, I tried it two different times....repeating the same action expecting different reults...2 x's was enough for me...u think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.