Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my xikar xi1 (titanium) :(. She was a nice cutter. I just loved her...

I'm thinking of getting the rubberized or wooden (xi3) one as a replacement.

Can anyone give me feedback/comments on how the rubberized cutter works vs. the metallic ones (improved grip?). Does it feel soft like rubber, or is it solid?
As for the wooden ones, is it just for the looks... but most importantly does it handle well as the metalic ones...

thx!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would get another Xi Metal. All the cutters are basically the same... the "guts" and blade mechanism are the same and it's just the exterior material that's basically different. The Xi2 feels too light IMO... it doesn't have that solid heft and feel. I have a redwood one and it's beautiful but I keep thinking that the wooden accents will pop off with continued use. I always use my Xi Black metal cutter around the house and it works great all the time. The heavy feel, solid construction and clean cuts are what I enjoy about it.

Wade

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
pds said:
The wood came off of my wooden one. Purely for looks.
I'm sure you know Xikar will fix that for you? I have to say IMO that when they say "lifetime guarantee" they mean it. Any problems, send it back and they will either fix it or replace it.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I have a grey Xi2 that works fine, but I got a wild hair & won a bid on a gold Xi1 on c-bid. I should get it next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.