Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at two lighters, a Prometheus Saturn and a Vector Gear or Pinnacle. What would all of you suggest? I know the Vector is cheaper and I have heard a lot of good things, but I would like some of your input!

Thanks!

Brett

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but any thoughts on the pinnacle?

Thanks a lot folks,
Brett

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
My Boss has the pinnacle, he bought it to one up my gear! He has had it for 2 months and still hasn't re-filled the tank. He averages 2 cigars a day and probably re-lights 3-4 times on each stogie.....+ the usual suspects bum a light. I guess what I'm saying is 125 lights is very real per re-fill! Mine is probably more like 60.

That said, the gear is more rugged and wind resistant, but I'm not the boss so I have to be outside more! Whichever fits your needs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm..now I see the Colibri Trifecta is on sale for 5 dollars more than the Gear...How do these two stack up??

Thanks,
Brett

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I still stand by my Colibri Trifecta but it is high maintainance needing total bellding before each fill and works best only when using quadruple of quintuple refined fuel.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got a Colibri Oscar and the Quantum Vortex and I wasted my money on them. The Oscar works well enough, but the Vector is crap. I've bled it and only used Colibri butane and it still doesn't work right. I bought a Vector Gear and tossed the two Colibri's in the corner. There is no contest, the Gear is better by far in my opinion.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Not to add more fuel (pun intended) to the fire, but my boss retired his $65 Colibri a few months before he purchased the Vector Pinnacle. If we made an anology of my Gear lighter to say, a vehicle, I'd compare it to a Toyota 4runner, always works, takes a beating and it's cheap on fuel. If I had the ways and means I would buy a Dupont ST......but at this juncture it would cut into my fancy handmade cigar purchases.

Good Luck!

PS, MoTheMan, I'm glad to hear a good Colibri story, they sell more lighters than anybody, there has to be a reason.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Pinnacle: bottom view. Just wanted to know if it has a flame adjustor and if the Solid Color Pinnacles has a view window to indicate amount of fuel.

I have the Vecor Gear, as suggested by most board members, and absolutely love it. Large fuel capacity for those long trips, and the flame adjustor is great.

:w

1 - 9 of 9 Posts