Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Humidor

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkin of makin one of these and just wanted to get yalls opinoins on which is best and why. Right now I'm leanin towards a frigador but only because i got a mini fridge lyin around that I don't use. A major factor is portability cause I gotta lug this thing between home and college.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
To humidor or not to humidor?

Cigar storage can get quite creative, so I thought I'd share some experience.

Used to live in an apartment in Va. & had a small hallway walk-in closet that I used for storage. Used weather stripping inside the doorway, and a floor strip to maintain climate control, and an electronic controlled humidifier for humidity. Worked out quite well.

Three years ago I moved into my current condo, a three bedroom with lots of space and I currently the closet of the third bedroom for my humidor. It's neither deep enough nor weather proof enough to keep good humidity so I've sealed up the whole room, using the back half for personal storage. By the same method I've used weather stripping inside the doorway to help seal it and special window (clear plastic) insulation wrap to insulate the windows.

Everything seems to work out fine & it allows me to keep wuite a huge inventory. Would love to hear some feedback from others.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Argh!

Oops!
Not a good image
Will have to learn to shrink the photo down then re-post it.
Sorry!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
To humidor or not to humidor?

OK! Let's see how this looks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i'm pretty good at forecasting... and i bet (with 99.9999999999% certainty) that motheman gets a call from fliptheflop as soon as he sees the closet. nice layout btw... i've often thought about converting a closet but never had the will to do it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
wow mo, that is a nice looking setup and collection. living only about 1/2 hour north of you we may have to hook up sometime ;)

i think you might have a nicer selection than my local shop!
jimmy

·
Registered
410 Posts
Man now thats a closet set up for many hours of ambivelance. I mean I have a hard enough time standing over a desktop and deciding what I want to try. I would probably simply stand there and get so confused that I would end up not smoking anything untill I had a guest.

I dont know about you guys but sellection a cigar to smoke when you have guests is always easier..

Hb

·
Registered
584 Posts
DAAYUUUUUM! Makes me wanna cry! WAAAAAAAAAAA!!

MoTheMan Did you live in HONG KONG...While Reading from the cigar publication Min Ron Nee I came across this:

An average Hong Kong serious cigar smoker (not necessarily a collector or connoisseur) has an average personal inventory of over 10,000 cigars. Personal inventories of 40,000 or 50,000 cigars are not too uncommon

:c

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I have to confess (blush!) that my inventory is close to 10,000, with over 2000 of them being Havanas.

Do you think I might be crazy?

MoTheMan

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
For the record...

If POKER is impressed, you have a serious collection. As for me, I have a new job with Quality Control...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Upon further reflection...

I just finished doing the math, and at $2.00 an empty box, I would have a rough time just buying that many EMPTY boxes.

MO, you are truly the man and you certainly are in the running for having one of the most impresseve collections here at Club Stogie.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts