Cigar Forums banner

When it Rains...

Tags
rains
732 views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  SmokeyJoe 
#1 ·
...it pours....

Went over to the house to check the progress on the fire restoration just to find out that they turned the power off in the basement on Friday, which turned the sump pump off, we had about 25mm of rain yesterday so now we have about 3 inches of water in the basement...

Sigh...

We plan on fixing things up and then unloading this house...

#2 ·
...it pours....

Went over to the house to check the progress on the fire restoration just to find out that they turned the power off in the basement on Friday, which turned the sump pump off, we had about 25mm of rain yesterday so now we have about 3 inches of water in the basement...

Sigh...

We plan on fixing things up and then unloading this house...
Wow!
You are not kidding when it rains it pours.
Sorry to hear that.
That is the only fortunate thing about being in Florida - no basements.

#7 ·
Well they say bad things happen in threes... well that makes three. So it should be smooth sailing from now on, right?

I don't blame you for wanting to sell the house... bad vibes brother, bad vibes

Sorry again for your troubles

#9 ·
damn man.

and yes insurance will cover that, then theyll go after the company.

That is if the company doesnt step up and cover it on thier own.

#11 ·
I know accidents happen... and it is good your basement flooded when they had to clean it up anyway... BUT really, bad form on the part of the company. Nice of them to take responsibility, but bad on them for letting it happen in the first place.

just my :2

Glad it is not going to be a worry for you.

#13 ·
dang Jeff - I'm getting to the point that I see an RHNewfie thread and I am a little nervous when clinking the link!!!

Here's to hoping that 2008 got it out of it's system, as far as you are concerned, and that everything brightens up for you and your family as the year goes on.

#22 ·
Official result - cleaning company is taking full responsibility for the flood.
Good news... glad it worked out. Hopefully the rest of the restoration will continue smoothly. Hang tough! :tu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.