Cigar Forums banner
4941 - 4960 of 4963 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Local B&M had some treasures today. Took a chance on the SG 2013 Limited Edition, but it was only $25 so I figured I'd take the gamble. Got it home and as our good friend Bradley (YouTube STUFFandTHINGS) would call it, the moisture content is fossilized mastodon. The rehydration process has begun. At least the tin of Sam's Flake wasn't crushed.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Local B&M had some treasures today. Took a chance on the SG 2013 Limited Edition, but it was only $25 so I figured I'd take the gamble. Got it home and as our good friend Bradley (YouTube STUFFandTHINGS) would call it, the moisture content is fossilized mastodon. The rehydration process has begun. At least the tin of Sam's Flake wasn't crushed.
Nice pick-up! Worst case scenario: you can use the Limited Edition in your submission to Greg Pease.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not so much a purchase as a build...I saw a pipe valet on Pinterest so I decided to make one. Made it from poplar and oiled it with food grade mineral oil (for butcher blocks). It was a fun little project, unfortunately the lighting really shows the two seams near the bottom.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Arrived today. This also came with Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired (4 oz). Smoking Pipes doesn't describe the Scotch Flake as having a Cocoa / Chocolate flavoring (Tobacco Reviews does as I now see), so I was surprised to open the bag and smell dark chocolate. It actually smells really good!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice score...Wish my B&M wasn't trying to retire off their tin sales.
Unfortunately it seems all the B&M stores are charging $20 - $25 for tins. I still buy from them when I stop in though. I really can't blame them though. Internet sales are literally putting them out of business. No way can the Mom & Pop shop compete with multimillion dollar on line businesses. Yes, I too buy on line to save money, but I do support the B&M when I can. The internet has ruined all the Mom & Pop stores, not just the tobacco/pipe shops.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The two local B&M shops I go to are very competitive with Internet shops. Not necessarily with price but with product. Since March I have picked up at least a dozen tins and three 8 ounce bags of various Esoterica blends in one shop, and a variety of Gawith blends at the other. Their prices are very close to what the Internet shops sell for, IF the Internet shops ever have those brands. Both B&Ms are close to an hour away but I know if I go to one I'll be able to find brands and blends I can't get online, which can make the drive worth it.

Speaking of online purchases...

Drinkware Cup Font Gas Packaging and labeling

4941 - 4960 of 4963 Posts