Cigar Forums banner
4901 - 4920 of 4963 Posts

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Thanks for all the information.

I figured these would be good for summer that's why I got them. I'm mostly an English & Balkan smoker myself, but sometimes get smoked out if you know what I mean.

I tried the Chocolate earlier, and I really liked it. I also have a Chocolate from Wilke that is excellent as well, but a bit nuttier due to the Burleys. I got four Aromatics from Wilke as well who's is my local shop. John is a master at blending, and does it all on site like J.M. & Dan. I can spend hours in the shop when I go. Buy some tobacco's, and sit in the lounge, and smoke like a runaway train, lol.

I'm always trying different blends. It's half of the fun for me. So I end up with tons of jarred tobacco blends, and always have something different to smoke. I rarely smoke a particular blend for more than a couple days.

I hear Boswell's Northwoods is excellent, so I'll likely place another order, and add that. Can you recommend any other English/Balkan blends from Boswell? Maybe a VaPer or two if you smoke them. See, this is how I end up with so much tobacco, but I Know we all do the same thing
Yes, Northwoods is great, I smoke that one a lot. Imperial English and Military Force are both great as well. Private Stock is the go-to VaPer from Boswell, simple but very good.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Hey David! @Piper did you get another Wasp?
I noticed SP had a couple earlier today.
I got a mail about them yesterday, when i looked they were both sold, i think David snapped them up
LOL. I did hear about those pipes awhile ago but passed. I'm topped out on Wolfgang Beckers, and pipes generally, for the time being.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
LOL. I did hear about those pipes awhile ago but passed. I'm topped out on Wolfgang Beckers, and pipes generally, for the time being.
You might be close to topping out on Castello too.

Reactions: Fusion and Piper

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Just some Olive Oil. It's a great smoker
Be careful using olive oil on briar, it will go right through the wood and taste it in your smoke even with only a little bit. I only use olive oil when I carve olive wood pipes. In a pinch a little coconut oil will work better. Several pipes I've made and don't plan on selling I let darken naturally from smoking and the oils from my hand (since I hold and rarely clench). Since I make pipes and cutting boards I use my own oil/wax blend for finishing, but if you can find Howard brand butcher block conditioner it's the same ingredients I use in my blend. Bee's wax, FG mineral oil, and carnauba wax, that's it.
In this picture the Morgan Bones poker was only darkened by me holding it, and the top pipe is one I carved and finished/protected with my oil/wax blend. I'm old school, so oil cured and no buffing is what I do primarily.
Hand Wood Finger Gesture Nail

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Beautiful workmanship on the pipe you carved!
That thing has sand pits everywhere you can't see in the picture above. I was going to do some spot rustication but decided to leave it genuine and hand finished to show to uniqueness of every piece of briar.
Hand Ingredient Finger Wood Tree
Finger Wood Thumb Nail Human leg
Hand Finger Wood Thumb Nail

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Plane Tobacco pipe Wood Bottle Liquid
Snagged a Doctor's calabash in strawberry wood off Smoking Pipes estates, plus an ounce of MacBaren's ODF, which I've never tried, and another bottle of obsidian oil for my vulcanite stems. The picture gives some perspective on the relative size of the pipe. The rim is polymerized whale bone but the bowl is briar. It's in pristine condition—not even broken in. I highly recommend SP estates for service, price and condition.

·
Registered
557 Posts
View attachment 308515 Snagged a Doctor's calabash in strawberry wood off Smoking Pipes estates, plus an ounce of MacBaren's ODF, which I've never tried, and another bottle of obsidian oil for my vulcanite stems. The picture gives some perspective on the relative size of the pipe. The rim is polymerized whale bone but the bowl is briar. It's in pristine condition—not even broken in. I highly recommend SP estates for service, price and condition.
Very nice. You should really like that ODF, I love it. I only have the flake, never tried the RR. Let me know how you like it!

4901 - 4920 of 4963 Posts