Cigar Forums banner

4841 - 4860 of 4907 Posts

·
Registered
6,933 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
The G.L. Pease tins, Happy Brown Bogie, and Sillem's Schwarz are for the cellar, everything else is for use. The jars have 2 oz. of C&D Bayou Night and 1 oz. Dan Tobacco Devil's Holiday. I have to admit, the Devil's Holiday is making me apprehensive...the aroma is really powerful...

The Sillem's Schwarz is manufactured by the same people as the Rattray's Exotic Passion and neither tin was vacuum sealed and the plastic the tobacco comes in isn't sealed up either so I jarred them immediately.

Untitled.jpg

·
Retired Chaos Designer
11,658 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Mother in law sent my wife a few boxes of junk the other day. She knows I like to dig around and look for treasures. One box had a bunch of old lighters! Most don't even spark, but that's OK, gives me something to tinker with.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Mother in law sent my wife a few boxes of junk the other day. She knows I like to dig around and look for treasures. One box had a bunch of old lighters! Most don't even spark, but that's OK, gives me something to tinker with.
Going through these and discovered that one seems to be an old soft flame butane lighter. It sparks well but there's not butane in it obviously. Butane is a completely different animal from lighter fluid and I'm a bit leary about trying this thing. Anyone know anything about these vintage butane lighters and if they can be dangerous from sitting for so many years? Don't wanna start the weekend by blowing myself up! :ROFLMAO:

4841 - 4860 of 4907 Posts