Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
G'day BOTL and SOTL!

Occasionally we get threads, which have simply run their course and other times, some have simply become so enormous that they become unmanageable. That's the case with the great thread, begun in 2009, by our beloved friend, Cigar Man Andy. Not only was Andy's thread 5 years old, but it had run up an astonishing 1065 pages!

That tells us that this is a topic, which garners extraordinary interest and popularity, while providing the community an opportunity to share their enthusiasm of adding to their ever-growing collections. So, it's in this spirit that I want to immediately create this follow-up thread.

My latest non-Cuban purchase is one of which I am particularly proud. Not only are they cigars I consider exceptional, but it was also a box split with a dear friend, fellow BOTL and respected member of Puff.

It's a box of 2012 Hundredth Anniversary Opus X Lancero, acquired by myself and Tobias Lutz. We met up at Milan Tobacconist in downtown Roanoke Virginia. Milan are an ORIGINAL Fuente account, having opened their doors the very same year Fuente were founded. Of course, we've both sequestered them into the deepest bowels of our humidors for a long nap and we look forward to sampling them together once they've awakened.

So, what's your latest acquisition?
Very cool Don. How long do you guys plan on aging them?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
My wife just rolled her eyes at me for the first time in a long time after I told her how much those were a piece :biggrin:

Yet another great example of the fun you can have when you get together with another Puffer at the local B&M!
I look forward to reading the thread when you two get together to pop the cherry on that box.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I went to the local B&M today and picked up 6 Punch Rare Corojo and 4 of Punch's new size of Rare Corojo Salomones. I smoked my first Rare Corojo a few days ago and really enjoyed its flavor and creamy aftertaste so thought I had better grab a few. Baseball starts soon.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Took a 70 mile roadtrip to Just For Him in Springfield yesterday. Got a box of Pudgey Monsters along with a mix of 28 other Tats. Also got a La Duena and about 5-6 other sticks I wanted to try. I am done buying for a while.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I just got back from my local B&M and freaked out.

12 Opus X Angel Share Robustos
3 Opux X "A" coffins
4 Room 101 Daruma Lanceros
And he gave me a Room 101 Payback

I bought all of the Opus he would let me buy as he only got 1 box of each.

This is a truly rare event for me locally and am still trying to wrap my head around it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
LOL
I could never have imagined being 49 with (for all Intensive purposes) a 20 yr old!!!
But taking it one day at a time & enjoying the shit out of it!!
May God (however you choose to praise him) continue to bless you & your family.
Thank you Brian. Our babies are very special thru a father's eyes. And yes, our blessings are many.

To get back on track, I picked up 8 Room 101 Daruma Mutante lanceros this morning from my local. For some reason they had them priced at $5.25 a stick so I bought all they had left. This was the only box of these they have had this last year.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
LOL
I'm not a lancero fan, but that Daruma is such a nice stick!!! Enjoy it Brother!
Thanks Brian, I will. Just curious, what is it about Lanceros you don't like? I may be wrong, but I theorize people like the size that feel comfortable in their hands. Larger hands feel better with a larger cigar. I have average to smaller hands and Lanceros just seem to feel right. Plus they taste great.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
This morning I bought 7 Anejo 46's, 7 Anejo Sharks and 2 Opus X Fuente Fuente Robustos. I had planned on buying more, but my local didn't get as many this year and 7 of each is all I was allowed. Still, I am a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just got home from my local-

4 Fuente Anejo 60's
3 Opus X Perfection 2
3 Opus X Power Rangers
2 Cao MX2 Robusto

I have plenty of cigars to smoke, so all of these except the MX2 are going into the aging box buried in the bottom of the cooler.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts