Cigar Forums banner

Whats your latest cigar accessory purchase?

116K views 1K replies 287 participants last post by  Bird-Dog 
#1 ·
Thought it would be a good idea to put together a thread for all of the accessory purchases we all make. Whether, its a new lighter, punch, cutter, ashtray, scissors, nubber, draw tool, etc. Here is a place to show off your new pick-ups!

I'll start off with a picture of the new Hepa Filter my wife convinced me was necessary!

Hope to be adding some more pics once the auction week ends!

See less See more
Reactions: MattyIce
#5 ·
My last accessory purchase was the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter. Best ten bucks I ever spent and probably my last fleabay purchase ever.
i love the cuban crafters perfect cutter. you can never go wrong when cutting
my latest purchase was 5 lighters from dealxtreme a few weeks ago. still waiting for them to arrive.

#6 ·
Latest two purchases were a CubanCrafter's Punch cutter and a Xikar V-cutter.

Tried the Xikar V-cutter on an Oliva V Maduro... ended up making an "X" cut instead to allow more air-flow. I can see how this would be a nice cut for some larger RGs, but for anything in the 46-54 range, I think I'll still prefer a guillotine cut for the smoother draw. The thing cuts like a hot night through butter, though! Incredibly sharp, and the inverted "v" blade works much better than the stabbing motion of the one other V-cutter I've ever tried.

Bought the punch because my brother-in-law and a good friend of mine swear it's better, the smoke is cooler, blah-blah-blah. I tried it, and I don't think it's for me. On larger RGs, it just feels like when you're trying to suck a milkshake through a straw and you decide to get a smaller straw. All it does is make it difficult to suck anything through it.

I could see where on cigars that have incredibly loose draws, like the Perdomo Habano, it might be useful, but I need to find one with a much larger hole. The Cuban Crafters one is just too small.

#10 ·
Latest two purchases were a CubanCrafter's Punch cutter and a Xikar V-cutter.

Tried the Xikar V-cutter on an Oliva V Maduro... ended up making an "X" cut instead to allow more air-flow. I can see how this would be a nice cut for some larger RGs, but for anything in the 46-54 range, I think I'll still prefer a guillotine cut for the smoother draw. The thing cuts like a hot night through butter, though! Incredibly sharp, and the inverted "v" blade works much better than the stabbing motion of the one other V-cutter I've ever tried.
I just picked up the Xikar V-Cutter and Matching XTX tabletop lighter in GunMetal. Love them both. I've tried all kinds of cutters and I have used the V-Cutter (a cheaper Wolf) for the last couple of years. I'll never use another style of cutter again. It even works great on a Piramide or Torpedo. It ends up looking like the 'notch' in an arrow where you put the string. And your right...the inverted blade slices through cigars like a hot knife through butter.......

#22 ·
Walking through the checkout of Walmart and I couldn't resist another two Ronson Jetlite's. At $2.97 a piece they were just calling my name to take them home and add them to my accessory collection!
I wish they sold Ronsons by me! Although they're not my favorite torch lighters, they're great for the price. I love having them in the golf bag, especially. I don't have to worry about losing them!! Or, rather, I wouldn't have to worry if I could easily replace them locally...