Cigar Forums banner

1341 - 1358 of 1358 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Christmas gifts! Kid picked out the dinosaur, the wife got me the nifty little flat-flame torch.

Not sure which one I like more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
how do you like that prometheus lighter? thinking about getting the chrome version

·
Registered
729 Posts
Two Puff Caddy cigar holders for golf carts. It sits in the golf ball tray in most motorized carts with a small ash tray where a ball would normally go.

Haven't received it yet to see how it works
What's the verdict? Looks much better than a similar contraption I bought a couple of years ago...

In addition to its unwieldy size, I don't like how the ashes accumulate and my cigar ends up sitting in dead ashes.

By the way, I use it in a golf cart, but set it on a desk for a picture. :)

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,195 Posts
how do you like that Prometheus lighter? thinking about getting the chrome version
It's a lot more show than go. I thought I was going to like the flat flame and it does work well for touchups or really small ring gauges. But the flame is not as strong as what I'm used to and can be a bit anemic in the wind.

I've found at night with no wind or in my shop, it's pretty nifty. But the flame is so small it's difficult for me to see in the bright sunlight, even turned all the way up. I find myself using it on stuff that could reasonably be lit with a Bic... kind of an elegant solution to a $2 problem.

The build quality is good and I like the way it looks. If it was a regular old double or triple flame, I think I'd like it a lot more.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
how do you like that Prometheus lighter? thinking about getting the chrome version
It's a lot more show than go. I thought I was going to like the flat flame and it does work well for touchups or really small ring gauges. But the flame is not as strong as what I'm used to and can be a bit anemic in the wind.

I've found at night with no wind or in my shop, it's pretty nifty. But the flame is so small it's difficult for me to see in the bright sunlight, even turned all the way up. I find myself using it on stuff that could reasonably be lit with a Bic... kind of an elegant solution to a $2 problem.

The build quality is good and I like the way it looks. If it was a regular old double or triple flame, I think I'd like it a lot more.
Thanks man...looks good but your review kind of killed it since I smoke only in the back porch and is usually breezy. I have a soft flame and a cheap torch that I want to replace, that prometheus was one of the options.

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
What's the verdict? Looks much better than a similar contraption I bought a couple of years ago...

In addition to its unwieldy size, I don't like how the ashes accumulate and my cigar ends up sitting in dead ashes.

By the way, I use it in a golf cart, but set it on a desk for a picture. :)
I'd guess he foot goes out the open end. Looks like it'll work better than the ones that grip the cigar and shred the wrapper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'd guess he foot goes out the open end. Looks like it'll work better than the ones that grip the cigar and shred the wrapper.

I tried that too but the the cigar has a tendency to drift towards the closed end of the holder and then it becomes difficult to pick it out of the trough. Your point about the clip is exactly why I bought this because anything over about a 46 does get pinched by the clip style holders.

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
Your point about the clip is exactly why I bought this because anything over about a 46 does get pinched by the clip style holders.
Also the thin Cuban wrappers don't stand a chance at all. No matter what the size.

I use my stinky travel cup tray(don't really know the name). The lid flips open and the cigar rest is inside. I only put the cigar down when I'm outta the cart, so it works.

Reactions: lex61

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,195 Posts
Thanks man...looks good but your review kind of killed it since I smoke only in the back porch and is usually breezy. I have a soft flame and a cheap torch that I want to replace, that prometheus was one of the options.
It's nifty, but I can't recommend it in good conscience. It almost makes me think they designed it just for people to keep in the box with their Opus collection that never actually gets smoked. Pictures attached at full flame with a weak desk lamp on and off. That's really what it looks like; the camera isn't making it look worse.

I have a Xicar Allume triple flame that I like a lot, courtesy of @s1n3_n0m1n3 . It's a great table top lighter, but a bit large if you're looking for something that fits in your pocket.

I also have a handful of smaller triple flame lighters that I got on Amazon for ~$12 each and I'm fond of them. I'd send you a link, but they're no longer available... probably because they were an obvious fake of a Cuban brand with a Taino head logo. Probably my most frequently used lighters, despite the poor finish and sketchy marketing.

https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=296516&thumb=1
https://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=296518&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Saw the thread above about this tabletop four way cutter on sale at FS. I said why not and it arrived today... I like it
Mine arrived about 15 minutes ago. I'm already smoking, but I'm gonna break it in later. It seems well made, real solid and it's got some weight to it. I like it too...

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mine arrived about 15 minutes ago. I'm already smoking, but I'm gonna break it in later. It seems well made, real solid and it's got some weight to it. I like it too...
It does have substantial weight to it! I like the fact that I won't be making as much of a mess missing the garbage can with my handheld cutters clippings.

1341 - 1358 of 1358 Posts