Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1355 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be a good idea to put together a thread for all of the accessory purchases we all make. Whether, its a new lighter, punch, cutter, ashtray, scissors, nubber, draw tool, etc. Here is a place to show off your new pick-ups!

I'll start off with a picture of the new Hepa Filter my wife convinced me was necessary!

Hope to be adding some more pics once the auction week ends!

Reactions: MattyIce

·
Certified Clubbin'-Seal
609 Posts
My first and latest(not last) is a xikar cutter. Thought I'd need a good cutter if I am to try this hobby out

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
My last accessory purchase was the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter. Best ten bucks I ever spent and probably my last fleabay purchase ever.
i love the cuban crafters perfect cutter. you can never go wrong when cutting
my latest purchase was 5 lighters from dealxtreme a few weeks ago. still waiting for them to arrive.

·
The Karate Squid
10,140 Posts
Latest two purchases were a CubanCrafter's Punch cutter and a Xikar V-cutter.

Tried the Xikar V-cutter on an Oliva V Maduro... ended up making an "X" cut instead to allow more air-flow. I can see how this would be a nice cut for some larger RGs, but for anything in the 46-54 range, I think I'll still prefer a guillotine cut for the smoother draw. The thing cuts like a hot night through butter, though! Incredibly sharp, and the inverted "v" blade works much better than the stabbing motion of the one other V-cutter I've ever tried.

Bought the punch because my brother-in-law and a good friend of mine swear it's better, the smoke is cooler, blah-blah-blah. I tried it, and I don't think it's for me. On larger RGs, it just feels like when you're trying to suck a milkshake through a straw and you decide to get a smaller straw. All it does is make it difficult to suck anything through it.

I could see where on cigars that have incredibly loose draws, like the Perdomo Habano, it might be useful, but I need to find one with a much larger hole. The Cuban Crafters one is just too small.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scored me a new Palio cutter from CBid! Like most things from CBid, I'll wait until I get it to see what color it actually is! Pics up on Tuesday, woohoo!

G

·
I snagged a couple Palios from cbid for dirt cheap and got them in the mail last week. Best purchase I've made in a while!

·
Not so young Puffer
636 Posts
Latest two purchases were a CubanCrafter's Punch cutter and a Xikar V-cutter.

Tried the Xikar V-cutter on an Oliva V Maduro... ended up making an "X" cut instead to allow more air-flow. I can see how this would be a nice cut for some larger RGs, but for anything in the 46-54 range, I think I'll still prefer a guillotine cut for the smoother draw. The thing cuts like a hot night through butter, though! Incredibly sharp, and the inverted "v" blade works much better than the stabbing motion of the one other V-cutter I've ever tried.
I just picked up the Xikar V-Cutter and Matching XTX tabletop lighter in GunMetal. Love them both. I've tried all kinds of cutters and I have used the V-Cutter (a cheaper Wolf) for the last couple of years. I'll never use another style of cutter again. It even works great on a Piramide or Torpedo. It ends up looking like the 'notch' in an arrow where you put the string. And your right...the inverted blade slices through cigars like a hot knife through butter.......

·
Registered
692 Posts
No picture but I ordered and received an accessory tray for my Stinky Floor Ashtray and this thing is great. If you have the floor stand ashtray and don't have this tray you are missing out! About $16 and money well spent!

·
The Karate Squid
10,140 Posts
It even works great on a Piramide or Torpedo. It ends up looking like the 'notch' in an arrow where you put the string.
I do kinda like the look, even if I generally prefer a straight cut. I wonder what would happen if I straight cut, then v-cut... I'm gonna try that next...

:smoke:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Walking through the checkout of Walmart and I couldn't resist another two Ronson Jetlite's. At $2.97 a piece they were just calling my name to take them home and add them to my accessory collection!

·
You talkin to me
26 Posts
Out doing Sunday shopping, walked by some ceramic spoon rests (the kind you set on or near your stove for your stirring spoon. $1.99 each. I thought to myself, these look exactly like a stogie ashtray. I bought 4 of them. They work perfectly!!! Great for the deck.

·
Banned
500 Posts
Bought a Xicar X1 single flame, and a 2 dollar cheapy V-cut cutter.

1 - 20 of 1355 Posts