Cigar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 5 cigar pack of RyJ Vintage III from JR. It was absolutely a bargain with less than $5 per stick. Lower price than a box purchase. I like this cigar, but difficult to buy cause singles are usually something around $8 or 9 in NYC, and a box would costs me around $130 even on internet. So, I was quite happy with this 5 cigar pack deal.

However...

These III's are looong!!! III supposed to be 4 1/2". These babies are apparently 5" long!!! I compared them with the last one in my stock, and they are clearly 1/2" taller!!!

What are these??? The wrapper looks legit. They have the RyJ Vintage trade mark orange peel scent. Bands are exactly the same as my 4 1/2" stock. Everything looks right but the length.

What are they??? Anyone have any idea or have the same experience???

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Hi Cyclist,

Call JRs back on their 800 ordering #. When the girl answers tell her you want to speak to Thomas. He will handle any problem you have. He will also call you back if he is tied up at the time you call.

I have purchased well over 2,000 premium cigars from JRs over the years, including some hard to get ones for my local cigar shop. Neither one of us has ever had a problem.

Bob

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
okie2 said:

Call JRs back on their 800 ordering #. When the girl answers tell her you want to speak to Thomas. He will handle any problem you have.
Thomas is good at his job no dought, but I have a Vintage #3 sitting in front of me, it is 5" too. Take is as a FACTORY change to the size of the #3. The distributors will not make a change to the typo for a while.

OPT

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So now Julieta has grown up from innocent little girl to alluring beauty?? I liked the chubby 4 1/2" ones though, I may LOVE the taller 5" version. I like this shape better personally. Let's see how they taste!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts