Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I was so excited about visiting a friend over the holiday break and having a great smoke with him. He was really excited about these Ashton Maduros he bought. We decided to step out into the chilly Woodland night and herf a couple of those bad boys. Mine looked pretty and I'm normally a maduro lover but this thing was pure dog rocket once I got into it. The first 1/2 inch was decent but after that it was acrid and harsh. The flavor was absolutely boring. I'm afraid the dark side has my deep in its clutches but sitll, this thing was not even on the radar. It really made for a dissappointing evening. Thought I'd share my grief. Misery loves company. :) Anyone else with a major dissappointment lately?

SB

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
A while ago I bought a C.A.O. Gold Honey cigar. I was never big on flavored cigars but like C.A.O. smokes and just wanted to try something different. Last night I broke it out and smoked it. They must heavily coat the wrapper because it was sickeningly sweet. If I could have gotten around that it would have been nice. The taste was smooth and mild. It also drew well.

C.A.O. Gold Honey cigar... You're fired!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Don Pablo. Had a sweetened head. Tasted like I was suckin' on a bathroom air freshener. :pu

·
Registered
806 Posts
I hate to say it but the worst cigar I have had lately was a 1964 Anniversario Series Padron Principe. And I love my Padron’s but that little cigar was so plugged I almost popped my eyeballs out trying to smoke it. :mad: Ended up just pitching it. I have another one in the humi I bought at the same time. Feels just as hard as the one I pitched. We shall see…..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Padron Maduro regular line. It was a short one, about 4" and bellow 40 rg. It was so bitter and harsh that I had to get rid of it too. Second was a Torano Casa torano, worst then smoking on air, no flavor, very dry and harsh. :sb

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I guess I've been lucky, because I haven't had a bad cigar in a very long time. The last one I can remember was a CAO Criollo that tasted like straw.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jeff said:
A while ago I bought a C.A.O. Gold Honey cigar. I was never big on flavored cigars but like C.A.O. smokes and just wanted to try something different. Last night I broke it out and smoked it. They must heavily coat the wrapper because it was sickeningly sweet. If I could have gotten around that it would have been nice. The taste was smooth and mild. It also drew well.

C.A.O. Gold Honey cigar... You're fired!
I swear Gold Honey CAOs in the tin smell like cat/dog/ferret urine!

For me, Cuesta Ray Sungrown bit me in th'ass :pu

I'll have to go back and try a few more of them and see if I can forget.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I'm always trying new things, I usually run into a few bad ones here and there:

-CubanCrafters.com's Nicaraguan blend--I didn't buy these, my father did. He thinks they're fantastic. "One step below a Cuban!" he told me. Maybe he meant one step below smoking an actual Cuban, not a Cuban cigar. I thought these had virtually no flavor, lousy construction, and ugly wrappers. When there was some flavor, it was mildly bitter. I didn't even get 10 puffs into this, I hated it so much.

-La Perla Habana Maduro--I bought a 5-pack of these and tried one right out of the package about 4-5 months ago. I kept doing a double-take because this cigar tasted so nasty. And I mean nasty! It had an aftertaste of burning plastic and a foretaste of copper penny. I thought maybe it should sit for awhile, so I let the other 4 alone. A couple weeks ago, I took one out and fired it up. Ugh, just as nasty as a remember. And still with the burning plastic aftertaste. I find cigars I dislike all the time, but rarely ones I think are putrid. I'll never buy another La Perla Habana product again.

-Consuegra (either a 9 or a 30) Maduro--I kept hearing so much about these, then someone gifted me one. It wasn't the worst cigar I ever had (see La Perla Habana above), but it was pretty damn nasty, IMO. I keep hearing that these are decent if you age them, but I think these would be lousy even if you sealed them inside an Egyptian tomb for 5,000 years.

shax

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mr.c said:
....you should have smoked a H.upman #2, or psd4, or a trinidad colonial. :D
Hey Mr! I have enough of my local so-called friends going through my humidor. How did you sneak a peak in there??? ;)

BTW, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

SB

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
friendoofop said:
I swear Gold Honey CAOs in the tin smell like cat/dog/ferret urine!

For me, Cuesta Ray Sungrown bit me in th'ass :pu

I'll have to go back and try a few more of them and see if I can forget.
Holy Cow! Thats exactly what I thought when I got it out of the wrapper. I thought it smelled a bit like urine. I'm glad it someone else noticed that and its not a figment of my imagination.

Jeff

·
Registered
83 Posts
St Luis Rey box pressed maduro toro, i'm pretty sure it was maduro. either way it was just nasty to me. The FDO Maduro that I had afterward was much much better to me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
A few months back I smoked a Perdomo-Ecidion de Silvio Robusto. That thing was a nose stinger. I sat a few more in my humi and tried another today and it was much smoother and pretty tasty but it still had a bit of a sting. I guess I'll just leave the last couple to mellow for a bit before returning. Maybe I'll toss it into the blind cigar pass and see what someone else thinks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.