Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were talking hand rolled and proportedly 100% tobacco.
We talk a lot about the best well to have a best there must be a worst.

For me it was a bundle I bought at CI 50 for $ 39.00

Cremosa Cubana

Heres a quick review: (Hey its my first how appropriate)

The pre light aroma reminded me of the smell you get when you wash your dog. After cutting the head I noticed a slight unraveling which I corrected with licking. The taste from licking probably was similar to the wet dog but I have no frame of reference.

The prelight draw was loose and emparted a flavor of rotten meat. Upon lighting I noticed a strong dirty diaper odor followed by hints of effluent.

The burn was political - all down one side or the other. I tried to correct but didnt want to put my tongue on any other part of the stick.

As I aproached the 1/2 way point the cigar actually looked embarrassed, each side of the cigar had these little flaps curling out like shrugging shoulders.

Just past the 1/2 way point it started to tunnel and almost burned my lips.

I put it out and threw the other 49 away. No one deserves these.

Speculation on manufacturing method:

The Wrapper they say is Sumatra. It must have floated over on its own cause it dont taste like any tobacco I've every smoked.

They say these have Dominican Long-fillers maybe some kind of vegetable. Possibly once they have made real had rolled cigars, taken the scraps and made short filler, the remainder they gather up, boil into a guey paste, roll it out into thin sheets, let it dry and thats the long filler they mean here.

Truly the pinnicle of bad.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-CZ&cat=3

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Gotta get me some of those! :D So are these worse than Tamborils?

·
Registered
126 Posts
ah you should have sent them to tecnorobo, he'll smoke anything. hahaha. luckily i havent ever had a hand rolled cigar that tasted awful enough for me to remember vivdly.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Dave, that must have been one horrendously bad cigar! Glad I never stumbled upon that one. Do you feel as though you've been scarred for life with the memory of that dog rocket? :r I'm sure those cubans of yours will wash away any lingering thoughts of that stogie. :D

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
A Bolivar Belicoso Fino bought at a Mexican resort.
It was actually the size of a Montecristo No.2 (not a BBF) and a total fake.
Tasted like crap & made want to give up cigars altogether!!

·
Over Enthused Little Girl
1,404 Posts
Elisha said:
ah you should have sent them to tecnorobo, he'll smoke anything. hahaha. luckily i havent ever had a hand rolled cigar that tasted awful enough for me to remember vivdly.
hey now, this is not completely true...
you know i have good taste.
just sometimes you have to have bad taste, because in my situation thats all you can have.

·
1,404 Posts
As for me, The worst cigar I've had (besides the gas staion cheap crappers) would have to be that Te-amo i showed you boys in the coffin box.

Man it started out pretty nice, but went so harsh I just could not enjoy it no matter how hard i tried. The Smoke went hot, the flavor resembled a mix of extremely bitter coffee, with a hint of cat urine (weird i know)

Had to throw it down half way through.

·
Registered
126 Posts
tecnorobo said:
the flavor resembled a mix of extremely bitter coffee, with a hint of cat urine (weird i know)
cat urine eh? never tasted that before.

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
The worst two I can remember (I don't remember which was the worst) was between a Hugo Cassar Mexican cigar and a Acid Pimp Stick... both were equally bad from my memory. I guess I would have to maybe give the award to the Hugo Cassar as it was a robusto and at least the Pimp Stick looked pretty cool... as far as taste I think my lawn grass clippings fermented in diesel fuel for a week and rolled into a cigar would have been a welcome change... I only purchased 5 of the Pimp Sticks and traded some poor SOB who wanted to try them for some other sticks... the Hugo Cassars (all 24 of them) went to a co-worker who just "loved" them... LOL!!!!!!!

I get a big kick out seeing the advertising banner at the top of Club Stogie pages touting free Hugo Cassar cigars with another purchase...

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I post this 3 months ago and now you guys dredge it up? Was at CI Saturday and they had these for $ 25 a bundle a guy had one in his hand. When we stopped talking he dropped it like it had coodies.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A lot of you are going to kill me for saying this, but my worse smoke was this evening: Padron Anniversary Series 1964. It was terrible from start and until I put it out 5 minutes later. Even burn, nice pull...but taste like old cardboard. What a waste for a $15.00 cigar. Ugh...I can't get the smell or taste out of my mouth.

·
CS Noob Ambassador
1,194 Posts
cat urine = ammonia = sick period most likely

·
1,404 Posts
hmm. i dont know.
it just tasted like crap.
and no i've never tasted cat urine leo but i know what it smells like.
yuck.

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
quibbly said:
A lot of you are going to kill me for saying this, but my worse smoke was this evening: Padron Anniversary Series 1964. It was terrible from start and until I put it out 5 minutes later. Even burn, nice pull...but taste like old cardboard. What a waste for a $15.00 cigar. Ugh...I can't get the smell or taste out of my mouth.
I'm glad you don't like them... send all your leftovers to me.... LOL!!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
quibbly said:
That Is a bold statement. How long have you been smoking cigars?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh geez I won 2 bundles of the Cremosa Cubana at cigarbid a while back. I have to agree with DaKlugs it is every bit as bad and maybe a bit worse than he is stating. I have managed to give all but 5 away to non smoking friends, and after them smoking it I'm pretty sure they will remain non smoking friends. :r

It just so happens tonight I decided to give one another try thinking a month in the humi might make it better.... well it didnt!!!

1 - 20 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.