Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say it's supposed to be one of the busiest Holiday travel times in recent years. Wait a minute- don't they say that every year? Anyway, I was just wondering how my fellow BOTLs are going to be spending the next ten days or so.

I plan on spending some quality time close to home with my girlfriend and my family, along with my herfin' brethren and friends. I also plan on spending some major quality time with a sh*tload of cigars and a ton of football!!

This is such a cool time of the year. No matter your religous preference (or not), it's a time to be grateful and celebrate. It's a time to relax, reflect, anticipate and enjoy. I know that most of us would like to live each and every day like that, but we get caught up in the busyness (and business) of life. We can't help it. But that's what's so great about this time of the year. You throw out the calender, and start off new!

I'd like to wish everybody at Club Stogie a very Happy and Safe Holiday Season. It's a wonderful time of the year, and a great opportunity to remember what's really important in life!!

Merry Christmas to All !
John

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to tell you but being Canadian I'm spending most of my free time these day's searching out resorts in Cuba for our family trip in the new year. I'd love to spend the time with my relatives but you know how wifes can be about in law's.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Oh yes I did say Merry Christmas. I don't buy this PC holiday season stuff. It's Christmas time so Merry Christmas to you and all the other's out there in club stogie.

Jorgy

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jorgy said:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Oh yes I did say Merry Christmas. I don't buy this PC holiday season stuff. It's Christmas time so Merry Christmas to you and all the other's out there in club stogie.

Jorgy
Amen, Brother. And thank-you!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah I say Merry Christmas Also.

I am going to my aunts on Christmas Eve and a having a nice dinner with the family on Christmas Day. New Years I am going to my Uncles for a Big bash.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone!

My wife and I will be here in Richmond with my family on Chrismas eve, then driving to the in-laws house in Annapolis that night. I will be taking some good smokes and hopefully getting some Macallan 18 yo single malt from Santa. I took a vacation day on Monday just to do nothing. Well, I may smoke and drink a little bit :D

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
I am spending Christmas eve with my girlfriend, and with our families (with go some time with mine, and some with hers). and in New years eve a im going out of town, more south on mexico (Near Puerto Vallarta) :p, with my girlfriend. so i might be doing same stuff as Flipflop :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Having the in-laws over for xmas. :hn but atleast I will be at home and able to smoke as often I needed.

For New Years Eve, My wife has duty :rolleyes: And no baby sitter for the kid, So I will be at home watching my son chase our dogs around the yard as I :w and :al .

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll be doing the same old thing...working.My girlfriend get's a few extra days off from her hectic schedule so we will get to spend some "quality" time together,and I'll go to my parents' home for a Christmas day visit with the family.I do plan on watching some football and basketball,and having some good food and drink!! :al
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hmmm preparing a ham and the fixin's for Christmas Day, making cookies and candies to much on for days, and smoking crap loads of cigars, and of course watching boatloads of football with an occasional time out for the boyfriend! :D New Years we always spend at Poker's Patio to smoke in the new year. Oh and of course reading LOTS of books I haven't had the time to read!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all the B/SOTL. May you have many wonderful smokes and long health in the years to come.

·
-
11,412 Posts
last night after work, i drove halfway down to wichita from KC to do a "present swap" with the in-laws.

my wife works weekend nights only, so that ruins our travel times when i'm home. but she switched her 3pm-3am shift on saturday for tonight... so, we'll all be home on saturday to watch my son and step-son open presents.

next week, i'm taking wed/thurs off and driving down to springfield, MO. my older brother JUST got back from his year in Iraq, so he's taking off until Jan sometime. since my dad, grandpa and grandma all died, my mom has no reason to stay in STL, so we're planning on making her drive down to springfield at the same time so we can all hang out for a few days. i then have fri and the following monday off, so i'll be in full baby-sitting mode, doing nothing around the house.... my wife will work all weekend long, so nothing planned for new years... doubt i'll stay up, unless my son keeps me up.

that's my plan, and i'm sticking to it. :fu

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
I'll be working while all you little gorillas are sleeping and waiting for Santa to appear. I'll think of you all around midnight on Christmas Day and will be wishing each and every one of you a safe new year.

I get off work at 6 am on Christmas Day so I'll be going home just in time to open presents and be off to sleep to work again that night.

The next day after work I'm going shopping with my family and that night I'm off so it'll be off to my Canadian friend's house for a boxing day celebration.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Smoke cigars and eat food! And as always I will watch the movie based on Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott in the leading role as Ebeneezer Scrooge. I really like that story, have to read the book someday too. I would also love to see the movie "Its a wonderful life" with James Stewart. Hope they will show that on TV too. Thats one good Christmas-movie too... And to you all from me:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Small Christmas Eve at my sister's with my parents and aunt, Christmas morning with my parents and sister, Christmas day at my brother's place...with his in-laws and their extended family and some Argentinian immigrants (no, seriously). With all of the kids included, should be atleast 65 people. Still need to find time to have Christmas with the girlfriend as well.

Besides that, a lot of shoveling and drinking.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Only getting two days off. Christmas Eve with my daughter and son-in-law in Ft Myers. Then my brothers place Christmas Day here in town. I'll have the 5 year old Friday and Most of Saturday, this has been his best Christmas yet so it will be fun. My daughter got him a RoboSapien, has anyone seen these things yet. She got it out (we needed to safety test it) last week-end, and this thing is amazing we had a blast with it.
I'll probably squeeze in an ISOM or two or three as well.
I hope all of you and your friends and families have a great Christmas.

Radar

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Christmas eve at my sisters with mom,my daughter and nephew.Huge meal and my sister is having a wine tasting thingy. I'm replacing the wine with a few choice bourbons and a taste or 2 of Irish. Hopefully a CAO Samba and a ERDM robusto larga...

Christmas day with my wifes family,her two daughters and a house full of grand kids and old grandpa outside with a stogie if weather permits.. HO HO HO Merry Christmas pimates..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.