Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Reading Champ
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying my first home by the end of this summer. The paperwork gets signed tomorrow to put it under contract.

Its not huge, only a condo. 2nd floor, 2 bedroom, 2 full bath, and a HUGE cigar patio. About 15 feet long and 7-8 feet wide.

I was talking to Andrew (moki) about this, and only 3 non-cubans came to mind. An Ashton ESG, a Fuente Forbidden X, or a Opus X Maduro. The first and last would require a huge miracle. The Forbidden X Platinum DVD set I can get for $55, but I am hesitant to spend the money.

I know once the mortgage starts that cigar buying gets put on hold at least for a few months, but I would like to try and get one cigar for this event. Something celebratory.

So what do you all suggest? Something memerable, somewhat rare perhaps.

The best I have in my humi is a Siglo VI right now but I have smoked one of those in the past. I would like to try something I have never had before and will likely not have again for some time.

P.S. If anyone is willing to sell me a stick of their selection, it would be really helpful. :w
 

·
Enjoy ya self!
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
Ok, I am a newb but the NC that I really like is the Ashton VSG Illusion. As far as cuban my favorite is definately the Siglo VI. I would smoke this as a celebration cigar even if you have already had one. Keep in mind my limited experience but just trying to help. By the way congrats on the new home.:)

When I bought my new home I had a month and a half without a mortgage payment, so if this is true for you buy a nice box. There are many great suggestions from previous threads.
 

·
Reading Champ
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks on the congrats.

Ive gone through about 2 boxes of VSG's.

This was my first premium NC, and I will always love it. For me though, not a celebratory stick. Just a relax on a tuesday stick. Definately good though. Probably wind up being what my girlfriend smokes. Anyone who has herfed with us knows she exclusively smokes VSG's.
 

·
Enjoy ya self!
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
Lance said:
Anyone who has herfed with us knows she exclusively smokes VSG's.
You are one lucky........ well you know the rest. My fiance hates cigars, until she has a few drinks. So of course I am trying to turn her into an alcoholic.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
You may want to consider the cheepest smoke in you box. the fun has just begun new tv, couch and blinds all add up. congats on you achivement and what ever you smoke it will taste better in your new home.


Cheers BOTL :al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,652 Posts
Buy the DVD set !

Smoke the cigar aand watch the movie and relax in your new home.

Congrats on your new purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,267 Posts
Lance said:
I am buying my first home by the end of this summer. The paperwork gets signed tomorrow to put it under contract.

Its not huge, only a condo. 2nd floor, 2 bedroom, 2 full bath, and a HUGE cigar patio. About 15 feet long and 7-8 feet wide.

I was talking to Andrew (moki) about this, and only 3 non-cubans came to mind. An Ashton ESG, a Fuente Forbidden X, or a Opus X Maduro. The first and last would require a huge miracle. The Forbidden X Platinum DVD set I can get for $55, but I am hesitant to spend the money.

I know once the mortgage starts that cigar buying gets put on hold at least for a few months, but I would like to try and get one cigar for this event. Something celebratory.

So what do you all suggest? Something memerable, somewhat rare perhaps.

The best I have in my humi is a Siglo VI right now but I have smoked one of those in the past. I would like to try something I have never had before and will likely not have again for some time.

P.S. If anyone is willing to sell me a stick of their selection, it would be really helpful. :w
Buy a bottle of seriously nice Rum or Scotch and smoke'em all!! :2

ATL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,276 Posts
Lance said:
I .

I know once the mortgage starts that cigar buying gets put on hold at least for a few months, but I would like to try and get one cigar for this event. Something celebratory.

:w
Ah , the ever nerve racking "MORTGAGE SHOCK" , relax and eventually it goes away . The really bad part is how many times that they make you sign your name for the loan , I still dred having to do that again someday . Congratulations on your home purchase . As for the Opus maduro , I may be wrong but aren't all Opus rolled in maduro wrappers ? Try a DC Maximus #2 Churchill , nice long smoke . Also , you might want to try the WTT or WTB thread to see if anyone will offer up a Sir Winston with 6 - 8 years on it , I just had one of these and it was really , really , Really good , had flavors in it that I've never tasted in a cigar before . This cigar pointed out to me the importance of aging of isom's . Good luck Lance .
 

·
no..not THAT Dave!
Joined
·
13,657 Posts
Congrats on your home,I'm on vacation this week but pm your addy and I'll send a nice stick or two for you to celebrate with...Dave:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
Congrats...know the feelings of new home purchases...now sit and relax with what you like the most.:) Get the wife/partner:) ( if you have one)to take a little puff to celebrate....:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
mosesbotbol said:
Cuaba Diadema would be nice.
Id second this as there is nothing like a Cuaba for a special celebration cigar. even the Salomones is pretty special if you cant get the gargantuan diadema!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
I would smoke the Siglo VI unless you have something better, perhaps something with some age.

Congrats on your first home. The wife and I bought our first home last year.
 

·
Reading Champ
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the suggestions and kind offers. A few of you will be getting PM's from me ;)

We have an official closing date. August 31st.

HERFWARMING PARTY LABOR DAY!!! =P

Also a "Help lance move his crap up and down stairs party"

This will work out well though, because my mom, and my girlfriends parents said they will help us out with some new furniture, so hopefully we can get some stuff on sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
Baric said:
Id second this as there is nothing like a Cuaba for a special celebration cigar. even the Salomones is pretty special if you cant get the gargantuan diadema!
If you want a Diadema, i have one for the occasion. I bought a 'box' which looks like a normal churchill box, but instead of 25 cigars, theres freakin FIVE! thats it! but they are huge, probably 15 hours of cigar smoking in those 5. very roy-ale with the pimp coffin and foil wrap. PM me if this is what you want and congrats man that is very special!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top