Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I started the college football season off with some special sticks. I then moved on to my favorite weekend pastime, grilling. Which if done correctly requires cigars. I started the weekend off with a Aristoff White Label Perfecto Minor with coffe. (I love these little cigars, nice looking and flavorful.) For the early game I smoked a Gurkha Grand Reserve Connecticut
Robusto #4. I am a Gurkha fan and these are, for me, a sports stick. (Which means good with a mixed drink or choice of beverage.) And for the big game, I picked a Tatuaja Havana VI Hermosos. (Great for pumping up the old heart with the spiciness and pepper.)
The next day I opened with a Padron 2000, this enabled me to clean the grill and prepare the ribs for the cookout. I slow cooked the ribs on the smoker. (225 degrees for 3 hours, lots of hickory smoke ) During the cooking while sitting on the deck I fired up my personal favorite Gurkha Class Regent Nepalese Warrior. ( just a joy for me smoke one of these sticks ) And to finish the day after the ribs were eaten, a Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro.
I know I'm just a newbie here, but I am interested in what you guys smoke.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm probably going to have either a Monte#2 this afternoon while hanging out with the kids outside or I might decide to torch up the Gurkha Grand Age I picked up yesterday. It looks like that one may take a little while. I guess I'll see how much time I'll have and let that be the determining factor.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
So far this morning I've had a LGC Miami and a HDM Dark Sumatra. I will probably smoke an AVO Maduro this evening, and for tomorrow I am thinking Punch Gran Puro, 5 Vegas A, and maybe something else depending on what the plans are.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Last weekend I started the college football season off with some special sticks. I then moved on to my favorite weekend pastime, grilling. Which if done correctly requires cigars. I started the weekend off with a Aristoff White Label Perfecto Minor with coffe. (I love these little cigars, nice looking and flavorful.) For the early game I smoked a Gurkha Grand Reserve Connecticut
Robusto #4. I am a Gurkha fan and these are, for me, a sports stick. (Which means good with a mixed drink or choice of beverage.) And for the big game, I picked a Tatuaja Havana VI Hermosos. (Great for pumping up the old heart with the spiciness and pepper.)
The next day I opened with a Padron 2000, this enabled me to clean the grill and prepare the ribs for the cookout. I slow cooked the ribs on the smoker. (225 degrees for 3 hours, lots of hickory smoke ) During the cooking while sitting on the deck I fired up my personal favorite Gurkha Class Regent Nepalese Warrior. ( just a joy for me smoke one of these sticks ) And to finish the day after the ribs were eaten, a Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro.
I would like it very much if you would move to Wyoming and buy the house next door:) Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard!

My wife's in Denver for a few days so I'm going wild and smoking at least 2 cigars per day. Smoking a 5 Vegas "Anomoly" now with am coffee. I'll smoke some of the cigars in my sig line in the next few days.

WyoBob

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Short Story this morning then a robusto no idea what kind while mowing the lawn.

right now Im thinking h upmann corona..

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mighty nice of ya, WyoBob. Don't think I can move to Wy, if I can't smell salt water I get a rash.( don't ask where ) But, if you get to sunny Florida look me up. By the way, I too enjoy the Indian Tabac S. F. Madero's it's a aquired friendship because the first one made me dizzy. Although, my wife says I'm always dizzy. Oh well, what do wifes know. Game day cigar today is a
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente King B
Good Luck and Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
drhalle -
Great post. Felt like I was right there with ya.

Uhhhh, I start the weekdn off a little earlier on Sat. mornings with a stogie or two while I am fishing.

Now onto tomorrow and opening NFL Sunday.

Yes, we'll be grilling - beer can chicken and we'll be smoking.....I think I might opt for an Oliva Serie G Cameroon while we're cooking.

Then maybe an Oliva Serie V during halftime. (Don't smoke inside)

Should be an exciting day and football will be on too - almost forgot!!
:ss

·
Registered
93 Posts
Went fly fishing this morning and had a great 4 hours catching cuttroat trout. On the drive home smoked a Bolivar PC to pass the time. Tonight is movie night with the wife and I'm leaning toward a Padilla Havana robusto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.