Cigar Forums banner
1161 - 1179 of 1179 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Anyone have a custom Leather strap maker they recommend?
Take a look a mansarea.com Jose Manuel makes the straps hand made, awesome quality and great pricing. He is located in Spain so shipping takes a little while but its worth the wait.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dobra Watch Straps - Home
His instagram account has a LOT more you can see for actual customers. He does other leather work, including cigar and beard stuff. I have a Ducati red leather cigar stand he made for me and I love it!

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
I’m a notoriously utilitarian person. I wear an Apple Watch at work, and rarely wear my watch or even my wedding ring outside of work or going somewhere fancy, like the Waffle House. But I’m also a huge Glock fan (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation Life Member too) so when Glock released a watch, I jumped and made an arguably frivolous purchase.

This year is Glock’s 40th anniversary of producing their first pistols (P80 in Europe) and the 35th anniversary of Glock’s introduction of the G17 in the USA. They released 4000 40th anniversary watches (GWC002) in Europe that sold out in hours, and 3500 35th anniversary watches (GWC001) in the US.

It probably cost me more than it’s worth, but I can’t be more proud of my new arrival. Serial number 394 of 3500.

Oddly enough, the instruction manual that ships with the US GWC001 shows a picture of the European GWC002.

No markings as to the maker or country of origin anywhere on the watch or any paperwork, but an email from Glock customer service says it’s made from German steel by Seiko Japan. Though without any proof marks, who knows. I’m too chicken to open it up and look for internal markings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
8,478 Posts
I’m a notoriously utilitarian person. I wear an Apple Watch at work, and rarely wear my watch or even my wedding ring outside of work or going somewhere fancy, like the Waffle House. But I’m also a huge Glock fan (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation Life Member too) so when Glock released a watch, I jumped and made an arguably frivolous purchase.

This year is Glock’s 40th anniversary of producing their first pistols (P80 in Europe) and the 35th anniversary of Glock’s introduction of the G17 in the USA. They released 4000 40th anniversary watches (GWC002) in Europe that sold out in hours, and 3500 35th anniversary watches (GWC001) in the US.

It probably cost me more than it’s worth, but I can’t be more proud of my new arrival. Serial number 394 of 3500.

Oddly enough, the instruction manual that ships with the US GWC001 shows a picture of the European GWC002.

No markings as to the maker or country of origin anywhere on the watch or any paperwork, but an email from Glock customer service says it’s made from German steel by Seiko Japan. Though without any proof marks, who knows. I’m too chicken to open it up and look for internal markings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As long as you're enjoying it, that's all that matters.

Paying a little premium over an equivalent Seiko-branded solar chrono is not unexpected. But with the fan following Glock has, it'll probably hold its value on the used market better. So likely a wash.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Nice looking and they did a great job with the packaging! Guns aren't my hobby but for personal carry I have a Glock 27 .40 Gen3 I believe -- I bought it new years ago. Great firearm.

Titanium case with PVD coating and the Seiko solar quartz movement is a good movement. 10 ATM water-resistance is decent so it'll be safe in the rain or water splashed on it.

1161 - 1179 of 1179 Posts