Cigar Forums banner
1141 - 1160 of 1179 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,478 Posts
Not wearing, but just in. New Omega Seamaster 300m.

This one was planned for my birthday, still a few months off. But I found a deal I was happy with so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Still debating with myself whether to leave it boxed and in the plastic wrap until my BD... just to make it official.

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
At the finger lakes, summer house hunting with a Milgauss.
Maybe it's the picture angle or my phone but it doesn't look like it has the lightening bolt seconds hand?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I can't speak for Ron's watch, but the vintage versions did not have the lighting bolt second hand...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Anyone have a custom Leather strap maker they recommend?
I know a ton of them:

Simona Destefano

Toshi Straps

Combat Straps (Aaron Bespoke)

Wotancraft

Greg Stevens

Micah Vintager Straps

That should get you started....I know of at least 15 more.

Also, nothing more satisfying than making your own. Not that hard. I started doing it after spending thousands over the years on straps. Now I only buy a couple straps a year from the above makers.

Reactions: Piper

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know a ton of them:

Simona Destefano

Toshi Straps

Combat Straps (Aaron Bespoke)

Wotancraft

Greg Stevens

Micah Vintager Straps

That should get you started....I know of at least 15 more.

Also, nothing more satisfying than making your own. Not that hard. I started doing it after spending thousands over the years on straps. Now I only buy a couple straps a year from the above makers.
Is there a site you used to get started with this, I’ve found some buckles I’d love to incorporate into it, but woefullly ignorant of any shortcuts or proper things to take into account on making my own.

I ruined my original leather band, either through all the “covid hand sanitizers” and she, thoughtfully to her credit bought me a new one.BUT she got me this awful “leather” that’s....painted leather and doesn’t form the patina natural leather develops over time and I hate it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Is there a site you used to get started with this, I’ve found some buckles I’d love to incorporate into it, but woefullly ignorant of any shortcuts or proper things to take into account on making my own.

I ruined my original leather band, either through all the “covid hand sanitizers” and she, thoughtfully to her credit bought me a new one.BUT she got me this awful “leather” that’s....painted leather and doesn’t form the patina natural leather develops over time and I hate it.
I use Tandy Leather for most of my straps. You can find some pretty decent sides for as low as $189. Stick to leather in the 4oz.-7oz. range and you won’t have to split the hide to make a 2mm-4mm strap. YouTube has several videos on strap making and saddle stitching. Your first couple straps will be shit, but after you get the hang of skiving and the saddle stitch method ; your 3rd or 4th try should yield a wearable strap. Then you’ll realize that you still have enough leather left over to make 100 more and that’s when the real fun begins.

Reactions: Piper
1141 - 1160 of 1179 Posts