Cigar Forums banner
881 - 900 of 1184 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nordgreen Pioneer. My wife bought this one for me for my birthday. It's a small boutique manufacturer that focuses on Scandinavian design and sustainability. Accompanied with the purchase of this watch was my choice of charitable contribution, to which I chose to provide one child in Africa with clean drinking water for 2 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
I chose to provide one child in Africa with clean drinking water for 2 years.
I imagine a small village of 30-40 somewhere in the Congo and everyday around noon a mysterious man wearing safari gear and a backpack strolls into the village amongst the daily hustle and bustle of village life. He quietly walks past the village women drawing dirty water from a dilapidated old well and kneels before Indembe (the recipient of your generosity) and while 8 other children gaze in envy, he unslings his backpack, pulls from it a 1 Liter bottle of Sparklets Purified Drinking Water that has been carefully packed in ice and pours it into a glistening clean glass. He hands the water to Indembe, who chugs it down instantly. He then retrieves the glass and returns it to his backpack next to the half empty bottle of water, slings the backpack over his shoulders and just as quickly as he came....he is gone.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I imagine a small village of 30-40 somewhere in the Congo and everyday around noon a mysterious man wearing safari gear and a backpack strolls into the village amongst the daily hustle and bustle of village life. He quietly walks past the village women drawing dirty water from a dilapidated old well and kneels before Indembe (the recipient of your generosity) and while 8 other children gaze in envy, he unslings his backpack, pulls from it a 1 Liter bottle of Sparklets Purified Drinking Water that has been carefully packed in ice and pours it into a glistening clean glass. He hands the water to Indembe, who chugs it down instantly. He then retrieves the glass and returns it to his backpack next to the half empty bottle of water, slings the backpack over his shoulders and just as quickly as he came....he is gone.
lol, right ? I suspect they break down some very large project into a "per person" cost figure, and that's how I provide "one child" clean drinking water for 2 years. I'm sure they don't literally mean ONE kid gets to drink for two years :smile2:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Movado Luno in blue sunburst dial. I already have a Movado dress watch, but this one was such a good deal that, well, it was one of those things you don't pass up. I REALLY like the sunburst effect dials (not just from Movado, but anyone). It was very hard to capture as it's wintertime here now, so not much sunlight, but I think I got it a bit in the second pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
So I love my BALL Fireman Glory, so much that I decided to buy the BALL moon phase Engineer II with blue dial.

Really these watches blow me away. These as far as fit and finish are up with any Swiss or Grand Seiko in Stainless Steel. I actually like this better than a similar Aqua Terra but the Ball Moon is so different. It has 28 yellow tritium tubes underneath a textured moon, so by day you see goldish colors on the moon while at night it glows a dull orange/yellow. The dark disc is what actually does the moving.

Anyhow. Wrist shot. Tapatalk is causing me issues, wanting more $$$

Failed the medium photo upload. I'll try small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
No idea as to the Mfg but the bezel is stamped Montecristo. Won this at an Altadis event a few years back. This morning is coffee klatch, then Army / Navy football later this afternoon, followed by an allocated bourbon raffle at the new liquor store.
Busy day so better get rolling if I’m going to stop and pick up beignets for the gang.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Just picked up this Alpina Seastrong Diver 300 automatic, it was just too good to pass up
Nice grab. I need another watch like a home in the head. Yet, I just have such a weakness for a good watch. That Alpina looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

881 - 900 of 1184 Posts