Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the games wrapping up today, I thought I would check and see what everyone's favorite moment was.

I am tempted to say Beach Volleyball :D, but that doesn't really have to do with the sport!

I would say US men beating Greece in volleyball was my #1 moment. It was unreal drama with the US coming from behind in the 4th game when they were down by 8! In the fifth game they were down 12-9 before coming from behind again and winning!

:u

·
Registered
382 Posts
When it ended. :fu

/bitter :D

Seriously, the Olympics could have been about a week shorter. There are just way too many quarter finals, semi-finals, finals, etc. Or have all of the qualifing comititions early and then just broadcast the final events.

Oh, and totally get rid of sports like badminton, syncronized swimming, etc.

·
-
11,412 Posts
i have to agree with summerkc.

as big of a sports buff as i am... the olympics is a total waste of air time for me. i think i watched about 3 points worth of womens beach volleyball, as i'm sure you all know why... ;)

but what else there to watch?
sure, i support the USA, hope they win, but will i watch gymnastics for an hour or more? only if i get paid about $35/hr to do so...

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Easily my favorite moment was in the women's beach volleyball finals. Immediately after the final point when Kerri Walsh was kneeling and Misty May was scrambling away. Kerri took a huge swing and cracked Misty on the ass quite hard. I am sure there was a hand print..

I digres; Most people seem to find Misty more attractive however Kerri is my Amazon Goddess... :D

The sweep of the men's 200 after all of the rude whistleing was VERY cool also.. It was a big, "In your face.."

Matt

·
Registered
623 Posts
I watched quite a bit of the womens beach vollyball, May and Walsh can kick some nice ass aside from their own ;)

The track & field events were good too, as were the gymnastics. Although the judges had some serious counting errors.

Diving was fun to watch. The rest of the events you can have!

·
Registered
67 Posts
txmatt said:
Easily my favorite moment was in the women's beach volleyball finals. Immediately after the final point when Kerri Walsh was kneeling and Misty May was scrambling away. Kerri took a huge swing and cracked Misty on the ass quite hard. I am sure there was a hand print..

I digres; Most people seem to find Misty more attractive however Kerri is my Amazon Goddess... :D

The sweep of the men's 200 after all of the rude whistleing was VERY cool also.. It was a big, "In your face.."

Matt
The camel toe shot when they tackled each other (I love TiVo!!!)

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
I've heard a lot of people bash the olympics and say that they're boring cause we don't have anyone to hate anymore. I find myself hating every team that's up against the US! I was fully addicted to the Olympics. I never could get into any othe the gymnastics or badminton or volleyball if it wasn't in the olympics and us against them. It get to see sports I otherwise wouldn't get to see. And sincse it is our country against theirs I care. Then after the US beats 'em I go back to not hating that country any more. Still, then end of the volleyball was rather...uh...uplifting. :rolleyes:

SB

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SilvrBck said:
I've heard a lot of people bash the olympics and say that they're boring cause we don't have anyone to hate anymore. I find myself hating every team that's up against the US! I was fully addicted to the Olympics. I never could get into any othe the gymnastics or badminton or volleyball if it wasn't in the olympics and us against them. It get to see sports I otherwise wouldn't get to see. And sincse it is our country against theirs I care. Then after the US beats 'em I go back to not hating that country any more. Still, then end of the volleyball was rather...uh...uplifting. :rolleyes:

SB
I agree with you! I enjoy the Olympics, especially when the US is competing.

I am a BIG hockey fan and am enjoying the World Cup and want to see the US win!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just got back from a week's vacation with the family. Watched the Tae Kwon Do matches that I had recorded while we were away. The men's heavyweight gold medal match was some damn good fighting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.