Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently revealed my love of Cuban cigars to a friend that I just started to hang out with a lot. He tells me that he has never smoked, not even a cigarrette in his life. But he tells me that he is willing to give Cuban cigars a try. So this Wednesday night I am going to take him out and give him his first Cuban.

My question is, what do you suggest I give to him? I am hoping he has one of those revelations of "where have these been all my life" experiences. My worry though, is that I won't give him a cigar he really can enjoy. I am looking at a smaller cigar as not to blow him away, so I guess I will be looking into some of the lower priced Cubans.

Any suggestions??
Jeff Hwozdecki

·
CS Noob Ambassador
1,194 Posts
Montecristo #4 is what brought me to the dark side

·
Registered
212 Posts
a buddy of mine and myself were knocking back a few brewskies last week and after we were buzzing a bit i gave him a bolivar pc
he loved the flavor but said he got stoned off it.......it was his first habano......he liked it so much his wife called the following weekend to say that its all he's been talking about, he then showed up at my door again the next day....guess i'll have to hit him with a belicoso fino and some fine wino ! :al

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
jeff
art at "la tienda" has some bolivar coronas extra from '98 on the little table in front of the shelves(in the humidor).only 2 blocks from your place and they are good to smoke now(had a couple myself).i dont think you could go to wrong making a boli CE someones first smoke...make sure he has had something to eat beforehand tho.

saturday
derrek:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
i agree with the above who mentioned monties. i personally think that a well aged monte(lucky enough to have one from 75 the other night, but also have had several from around 98) is not a very 'strong' cigar. was smooth and very enjoyable.
let us know how your experiment turns out!:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my friend the Monte#4...a very beautiful cigar, he enjoyed it and will be back again another day for another CUBAN...I call this night a success. I myself had a Boli Corona that was powerful but burned uneven. His Cigar the Monte#4 burned perfect, perfect draw, perfect flavour, medium body, nutty tones throughout and a very good coffee flavour as well. He wasn't thrilled about the aftertaste and his stomache was a little weak by the end of the cigar. OTherwise, a great night.

Jeff Hwozdecki

1 - 11 of 11 Posts