Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bit of advice here....I'm in charge of the cigars for the Labor Day golf trip. Any recommendations on some good cigars in the $4-$7 range? I go to the local shop and just stare at the selection (right after I do the same at Home Depot and and Hooters!) but can't seem to make a decision. According to the guy that works there they are all great cigars (go figure). I have a couple of favorites (CAO Brazilia & La Flor Dominicana 2000)but need some more variety. Ya'll seem to have good judgment - I am counting on ya'll to keep me in the clear (last year's cigar man brought some real dog rockets and is still trying to live that down). Thanks and more thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u I was thinking of Partagas #10 (Churchill size). You can get a box of 10 from JR for $45. They are Medium bodied, so everyone should like them. I like the Cameroon wrapper, but you can get these in maduro as well.:u

·
Registered
410 Posts
Im thinking maybe OPT is right, but then again I know what I would buy.
If most of the guys are novices to cigars I would stay among the 2 suggestions allready. If they all or most of them where experianced smokers deppendant upon budget I would sellect a nice box of partagas from the Island.

Hb

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fuente hemmingway, VSG's (i know there more that 7bucks), RyJ maduro/ anniversary (yum), bolivar

Ryan

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
You could also try an Excalibur #1 in natural or maduro. They will last about 9 holes.

If you want to have some fun give everybody two unbanded mystery cigars. Buy a box or two of Cusano Corojo Toros or Churchills. These cigars kick a$$. Check out the database for others recommendations on this cigar. Have everybody smoke one on each nine. You will be :r.

Don't smoke one yourself!! Double all bets on the back nine and you will pay for your cigars and still have enough money leftover to go on vacation!!

Don't forget to park your getaway car real close to #18!!! :D :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick note of thanks to all who gave me feedback on what to buy. The Padron 3000's, Punch Pita's, and CAO Brazilias went over quite well. Also, I picked up some of the RyJ Anniversio Robusto's and took them along. Those were the best of a great bunch of cigars. Sure beat the hell out the gas station smokes we had last year! Regardless of the cigar, my golf game still sucks - although a good cigar sure makes it much more enjoyable.

Oh yeah, congratulations to the Rome Braves minor league baseball team for winning the second half of the South Atlantic League title and making the playoffs their first year up in Rome. For those of ya'll who have never been to a minor league baseball game, you just don't know what you are missing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts