Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im counting on you guys here....

I have plans to go see a movie tonight with the fiance. We were planning on seeing Along Came Polly, but I just looked at a few reviews online and all were bad. Second choice is Big Fish, which got decent reviews. I realize everyone has different tastes, but out of these two what would you spend $9 to see??

·
Registered
718 Posts
Tough call. Is your girl friend the cerebral type? Big Fish is a Tim Burton film. Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas. If it were up to me, I'd go see Big Fish, no matter what the critics say. On the other hand, Along Came Polly will be kind of a chick flick. Ben Stiller can be pretty funny, plus you get to see Jennfier Aniston jiggling on screen. That can't be too bad, now can it? I'd say, go for the points with your lady and try Polly.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she is the "cerebral type" and she loves Burtons films so I guess it is a no brainer actually. Thanks!

·
Registered
584 Posts
drc said:
Tough call. Is your girl friend the cerebral type? Big Fish is a Tim Burton film. Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas. If it were up to me, I'd go see Big Fish, no matter what the critics say. On the other hand, Along Came Polly will be kind of a chick flick. Ben Stiller can be pretty funny, plus you get to see Jennfier Aniston jiggling on screen. That can't be too bad, now can it? I'd say, go for the points with your lady and try Polly.
Why don't you ask her what SHE wants to see? ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
You're just asking her to a movie...Not what she wants for her birthday?!?!? I give a suggestion, my wife gives one, we decide from there.

If what I'm hearing above is correct...You guys are too "P" whipped allowing yourselves to be manipulated into what your significant others want or being asked to be creative and trying to read their friggin minds. While I can appreciate "Romance" if you will, there is a point when you say, "What is Romantic to you?" Now I understand when I hear about the PU$$FICATION of American men.

To each his own. My situation is plain and simple. I ask her things like, "If a little birdie had to tell me what you wanted for "her Anniversary, Valentines Day, Her Birthday, Mother's Day" (All Days in which to celebrate her, and the CHET we put them through) this little bird would say what? Then go out and find the best of what was asked. Plain & Simple :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.