Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state company below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Central Cali Cigar Crew
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

PLEASE VOTE IN POLL ABOVE ^^^ And Leave comments as to why / You can vote for multiple sites but please try to pick just one and state your reason why and if multiple sites let us know why as well.

I am very new to the cigar world and I have only placed an order through Thompson Cigar thus far but other sites like Cigar.com and Cigar International seem like heavy hitters for online cigars.

Just wanting to see if I can get some feedback on the best site to purchase cigars from that will provide great pricing, the most extensive collection, a lot of samplers and singles for sale, and most of all great customer service.... oh and did I mention the best price!!!

The ones I have seen so far are: Cigar.com Cigars International, Thompson Cigar and JR Cigars.

If there are others please let us know and the reason your order from them.

Thanks so much for thoughts and opinions. :banana:

·
Cheques & Balances
171 Posts
CI and Famous have good prices and huge selection but for me it's all about shipping. In this day and age of globalization I don't understand vendors that will only ship within the US (and territories).

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've only bought from CI. That said, I've only bought two orders also. That said, I've only been smoking a week now.

However, I just spent almost 2 hours on the website for Famous. I like their site a lot better than others. Pricing seems to be competitive with Cigar.com, CI.

I was turned off by Thompson when I bought last week, mainly due to all the negative reviews they have. If you google "Thompson Cigar Reviews", you'll see what I mean.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
CIGAR BID has allowed me to smoke many Oliva's, Graycliff's, Padilla's, Perdomo's, Gurkha's, Rocky Patyel's, La Perla Habana's, 5 Vegas, Felipe Gregorio, Alec Bradley, Carlos Torano's, La Aurora, Nestor Miranda, Gran Habano, Oliveros, Victor Sinclair, and Pinar Del Rio's at $4.00 or less either by winning through bidding or purchasing by using their Quickbuy option or FREE FALL auction were you choose the price you want to pay.

I have looked high and low through C.I., Thompson, Famous Smoke, Best Cigar Prices, and JR cigar list and have yet to find one that allows me to smoke a Perdomo Reserve Champagne 6x54 Epircure for $2.91. Or a Montecristo Media Noche 6x54 for $4.50, Or and Angelenos 2010 Robusto for $2.64. Or a Padilla Miami 6x50 Toro for $3.10. Or a Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles for $4.02, Or an OLIVA Connecticut 4x64 Nub for $2.54, Or Alec Bradley Flamily Blend Robusto for $2.75. I have, or could have purchased them all out-right on their free fall auction where I can choose my price. The list of good cigars I have priced at Cigar Bid, that no other retailer has come close too is VERY LONG.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I like cigar international. They ship fast and I have not had any issues with them. I also like tampa sweethearts for when I have a few extra bucks to get something special. Only issue with them is that they do no mail to APO's so I have to use my fam as middle men which can be a hassle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I voted CI, mostly because they are the only online vendor I have any experience with. And just FYI Cigarbid is run by CI. Im not opposed to shopping elsewhere I just havnt had the chance yet.

·
Central Cali Cigar Crew
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much is shipping on won items at Cigarbid? They seem to have good deals from what I looked at for a few but unless you make a large purchase then the shipping on random items may be a bit steep.

·
Central Cali Cigar Crew
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So two more to be added to the list I guess would need to be:

1. Famous Smoke Shop

2. Cigarbid.com (and I saw someone say was run by CI is that correct)

So many options.

Thanks for the feedback its helps us new guys get steered in the right direction so we make the most of our money and get quality product at the best price.

I do know one thin now .... I will not be shopping at Thompsons Cigars again based on the feedback.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How much is shipping on won items at Cigarbid? They seem to have good deals from what I looked at for a few but unless you make a large purchase then the shipping on random items may be a bit steep.
You can do shipping weekly as opposed to each item you win. Then at the end of the week everything you won that week will get shipped out together saving you money on shipping. I think Thursday is the ship out date for weekly shipping.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thompson and JR-no thanks.

I think Cigar.com, cbid, and CI are all under one company. all are good
Famous also has an auction site- both are good.
Holts is also good.

I suggest you use the auction sites for better deals, for HTF stuff a B&M is good as well as the Want to sell/buy section here, for AF Tampa Sweethearts is great

Oh yea- shipping on auction sites is worth it if u do once a week shipping, it less than $5 then like a dollar for added 5pk and 25 cents for added singles, just look at the Cbid site, it explains the shipping options and prices, they are good-but its nicknamed the devil's site for a reason.................

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I first started I only ordered from cigar.com, but since joining puff and learning about c-bid, i basically live there. Some of the guys on here mentions Tampa Sweetheart, which looks great if you wanna try some of the better AFs.

·
pipe smokin' duck hunter
306 Posts
CI is the only one I've dealt with. I've had no issues with them but also no experiences with others as to make an real comparison. So I may be blind to something much better.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I mostly use Famous Smoke because I was introduced to it by a guy at work. I have placed many orders with them over the last two years as well as their monster site and auction site and never had any problems.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i just ordered some from stogieboys with the coupon they had where you spend $20 on a coupon and get $40 to spend on anything.. next order is probably gonna be from CI though cause of the bigger selection

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like CI. Shipping is super fast (living in the North East) and never had a problem. I have ordered from Famous before but I find their site harder to navigate than CI's. Its just not laid out as well.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.